Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV App won't let me access my DVR!

Gonna say me too. Moved from ATT uverse which did not have this problem and now I do.
Rookie

Spectrum support WHERE ARE YOU??

It amazes me they're not saying anything here. Must be because

they KNOW they're not going to FIX this issue and telling us "our

engineers are aware of the problem and are working on it" ....isn't

working on us customers anymore!

Not applicable

I am also having this problem as well very frustrating, switched to dish for 2 months because spectrum wasn't available an at the time now we have it again an we have loved spectrum but this is extremely aggravating at least when we had dish the tv app worked flawless was able to access all of my channels regardless of being home connected to our network or not an spectrum you can't access all of your channels unless on your home network not even your local channels very disappointing
Newcomer

Same here I wish they would fix this

Rookie

Thank you Julia, for the post back in October - I'm a new Spectrum customer coming from Frontier and trying to make the most of our new services.  I believe we have the World Box from having overheard our installer.  I installed the app (Android OS phone) and am also experiencing the the "DCM-1008" error message

("DVR Management Unavailable - No Spectrum receivers are associated with your account...")

Do you have an update on when this issue will be resolved?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Newcomer

@Julia_R wrote:

Good morning. 

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with Remote DVR service within the Spectrum TV App. Engineers are engaged and working to correct this issue. 

Our apologies for the frustration this has caused. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

It is now February. Any update??

The My Spectrum app doesn't even show I have a DVR. Spectrum TV app shows 4 devices. Watch.spectrum website also has same issue. Just got services 3 weeks ago..

Newcomer

I'm having the same exact issue and have tried everything. 

Called Spectrum support and I swore they were going to have it start working within a couple of hours...that was a lie. It hasn't been fixed and from the looks of it, everyone here has been waiting for months. This is very frustrating since I usually use the app to record my programs when I am out and won't make it home on time. I can't believe they haven't fixed the issue yet! 

Rookie

I think my "solution" will be to go back to my previous provider (Frontier). Sadly, I've had too many frustrations with the app, DVRs /their interface, lack of whole house DVR, channel guide and On Demand programming.
Not applicable

I just signed up again with Spectrum a few days ago, which is late February, and no fix. Unacceptable
Newcomer

Same here, signed up on Feb. 18 and the DVR doesn't even show as connected in my account page on a browser even though at the Spectrum head-end it does show as connected the techs tell me.  Of course also on the mobile app it doesn't show as me having a DVR either, zero web access to the DVR either even if i"m inside my home.

This isn't a hardware issue for one user, it appears to be system wide or at least due to problems with the DVR box I have (which has about the worst user interface I've seen but that's another issue).  I've  been on the phone countless times with Spectrum tech support about this and finally had some off-shore support manager admit the app has a lot of busted items in it but she put a ticket in as to why the DVR being connected doesn't show on my account.  I wasn't crazy about ATT Uverse after being a customer of theirs for 7 yrs. but they had this basic stuff working right.  Kind of shocking to see ATT was better at something than another provider, I didn't think that was possible. 

I'm not ready to move back to ATT yet (too many other irritants with them) but so far I'm not impressed with what Spectrum is offering regarding integrated technology compared to my old Uverse service.   For the basic function of being able to just access my DVR via the mobile app to schedule a recording isn't that much to ask, especially if a competitor had it working 7 years ago flawlessly.