Rookie

New Android phone will not log into TWC Apps on Wifi

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy s7.   The only apps that will not work properly are the TWC apps.   When I try to log in on Wifi, nothing happens.   If I switch off the Wifi, it connects immediately.  I talked to tech support but of course they say it is a problem in the phone.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  No luck.   I have searched for a way to allow the app to find wifi but no luck.  My Galaxy s3 had no problem with the apps.   Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Expert

Re: New Android phone will not log into TWC Apps on Wifi

Are you a spectrum or a TWC subscriber?

Is this at home, a TWC wifi hotspot  or elsewhere?

Rookie

I am a TWC / Spectrum subscriber.   I was able to use the apps with no problem on my Galaxy s3.  After troubleshooting I find that the problem is with connecting to my router at home.  I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS and it is fairly new.  The Spectrum TV app has no problem logging in but all of the TWC apps will not log into WIFI at home.  No problem with the few WIFIs I have tried to connect to outside the home.  I updated the router with the latest firmware but that did not do the trick.   Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.  Other apps on the Galaxy s7 have no problem logging into the home WIFI.  Thanks.  

Proven Sharer

Sounds like you definitely have a router problem, possibly a franken-router now that you've played with the firmware. 

Expert

Your public IP has changed, You need to reset power on your cable box and modem to get your account back in sync. Let us know if that fixes the issue.