Highlighted
Browser

Last update broke the Spectrum TV app

I have an andriod 5.0.1 tablet that I  use for Spectrum TV at my office desk.   Last week, an update was available that failed when installation was attempted.   I have tried all the suggested troubleshooting and even tried to install the previous version 7.23.0.   Installing the previous version was successful, however when I lauch the app, I am told that I have to upgrade to the latest version, so I am now back at the inability to use this app on my tablet.  

How can you fix this situation?  Your app information state that the app requires andrioid 5.0 or above, so I am in compliance.   I pay far too much to Spectrum each month to have this type of issue. 

THANKS

Doug

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Last update broke the Spectrum TV app

Last week, an update was available that failed when installation was attempted.   I have tried all the suggested troubleshooting and even tried to install the previous version 7.23.0.   Installing the previous version was successful, however when I lauch the app, I am told that I have to upgrade to the latest version, so I am now back at the inability to use this app on my tablet.  

A couple questions: 

-  Which specific troubleshooting steps have you tried? (so we don't ask you to duplicate your efforts)

-  What is the device make and model you are trying to use ? 

- Are you getting a specific error code as well ? 

- Last, are you attempting to update app while on your home network? 

Highlighted
Browser

I have an HP 10 in. Android 5.0.1 tablet

I uninstalled the app and tried to install since the update failed.

I cleared cache both on the app and on the device.

I reset the play store app to factory as suggested after a Google search.

The only error is "Can't install Spectrum TV.  Try again and if it still doesn't work, see common ways to fix the problem". 

The "see common ways..." is a link to the Spectrum troubleshooting site.

Highlighted
Browser

Left off Ione answer.

I am on my home - Spectrum  - network.  

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming.  Please try the following steps, in this order: 

1.  Remove the app from the device / tablet

2. Turn off the device / tablet

3.  Power cycle the modem (unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in) 

4.  Once the modem is online again, turn on the device / tablet 

5.  Install and launch the app

If the install or launch fails again, please change the password associated with your My Account and used for app login.  Then, repeat the steps above.   Let us know if the issue is still not resolved.