Highlighted
Participant

How to set DVR remotely

How can I record a program if I'm not home to set the DVR? I have the watch spectrum TV app but all that allows me to do is watch TV.
6 REPLIES 6
Helper

Re: How to set DVR remotely

Are you asking about a regular DVR set top box or the cloud DVR offered as part of the Spectrum Stream package? I ask because this is posted in a Spectrum TV for Android forum and just need clarification.

If you have a regular set top box, the answer is "it depends." I believe the DVR must be running the newest Spectrum Guide rather than one of the older platforms (iGuide or Navigator). This means you should have one of the Spectrum branded DVRs like the 201 or the 210, although having one of these DVRs is no guarantee it is running Spectrum Guide. 

Lead Moderator

Good morning.

The majority of our boxes are compatible with the recording function of the Remote DV, setting recordings through the guide. This being said, the New 201 and 210s do not have the portion where you are able to view/manage the items already recorded or set to record.

With the other boxes you will be able to view "My Recordings" "Scheduled" and "Series Priority" 

For more information about Cloud DVR visit https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/cdvr-faq/

Julia 

Participant

So, it sounds like I have to swap my box just for the added capability of being able to set a recording if I'm not going to be home. The only other option it seems is to know ahead of time what I want to record and know that I won't be home when said program comes on, so I set the recording ahead of time. 

If DVR management is available in other boxes, why was it removed or not added to the newer boxes like the 210 that I have?

Lead Moderator

Our boxes ARE able to use the function to set recordings.

You do this from the Guide. If the box is in proper 2 way communication.

The function the new World Boxes do not have is management of those that are already recorded and changing the priority of the set recordings. 

Julia 

Participant

I have the 210 box with the Spectrum guide. What I want to be able to do is use the Spectrum TV app and scroll through upcoming programming; I see something that I want to watch, I and I select the title where I would get an option to set the recording. I have not been able to determine how to do this.
Lead Moderator

You would do this through the guide, not while viewing the Live TV section.

If you are not able to do this it may be that the box is not in 2 way communication. 

I encourage you to reboot the box and give that a try. If you still do not have the ability to do this please contact support directly. 

Our Social Media Customer Service team can be reached 24x7 at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum