Not applicable

Can't remotely record Dodger games

I used to be able to use the Android app to set the DVR (Motorola DCX3600-M) to record Dodger games when away from home (on cellular data). Just recently the app cannot find "Los Angeles Dodgers" when I search in DVR menu. Used to work for months since I got this DVR. That's why I got this particular model DVR (months ago), in order to insure I would have this capability.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Can't remotely record Dodger games

@notcordcutting wrote:
I used to be able to use the Android app to set the DVR (Motorola DCX3600-M) to record Dodger games when away from home (on cellular data). Just recently the app cannot find "Los Angeles Dodgers" when I search in DVR menu. Used to work for months since I got this DVR. That's why I got this particular model DVR (months ago), in order to insure I would have this capability.

Hello,

Do you still have the Arris (Motorola DCX 3600 DVR) or the new World Box that runs Spectrum Guide?  Mobile APP recording is just rolling out for Spectrum Guide on the World Boxes. (These are boxes without a clock.) and some mobile recording features may not be out yet for World Box.  Spectrum just started rolling out Remote DVR functionality for World Boxes/Spectrum Guide.

If you still have the DCX-3600M, that's a different story and there are times even on my Cisco 9865, which runs the ODN (Navigator Guide) can't find shows when searched through the Spectrum TV APP/website.  Spectrum has been updating nodes/backends for remote services for several months.

For fastest service on this topic, I would suggest going to @Ask Spectrum on Twitter.  Follow that page by logging into Twitter and DM them some account information along with a screenshot showing your failed LA Doger Games search results on the APP.  Make sure that you mention that you have the DCX-3600 box or if you have the WorldBox, either a Humax or Technicolor (give model number.)  I think its 210-H or 210-T.  This will open a ticket,

Satch

Not applicable

Thanks for response. Yes I have the Motorola box. Started out with the world box but when I realized it didn't have remote DVR capability, I immediately swapped it for the Motorola 3600 box. The DVR remote function worked just great on it until recently. Now I can't find anything when I search for it and the guide of course doesn't show certain channels when I'm not using home WiFi. Will go with your suggestion on Twitter. Thanks again.
Not applicable

Similarly, I was able to remotely set my dvr (through Spectrum app) to record Dodger games,  usually when I was getting home late and didn't want to miss the start.  Spectrum told me that the internet group manages the remote dvr recording function.  I spoke to them and was told that I could not record these games because I was not paying for cloud dvr storage (which is an additional $5.00 per month). Since I already feel extorted by Spectrum, when I  pay a lot for their service so i can watch the Dodgers,  then also for the DVR. On principle,  I'll never pay them for for a service I feel I'm already paying for. This kind of strategy to get more money out of customers usually backfires,  as customer's feel cheated and figure out a work around to bypass Spectrum...

Lead Moderator

@CMRich  If you have a DVR at home, you should be able to not only record the game but should be able to set up that recording through the Guide (not Live TV) from the App on most devices.

If you are not able to do this or get an error message the box may not be in 2 way communication with the system. The first step in trying to resolve this would be to powercycle the cable box. If you still do not have the ability to set this up we would encourage you to contact us directly for support and review of the situation. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator