Newcomer

Apparently the Spectrum app doesn't work on Android TV boxes?

Bought an Android TV box since Spectrum claims the app will work on "Android devices" but it will not work, it isn't even available for download in the app store, am I missing something?

7 REPLIES
Browser

Re: Apparently the Spectrum app doesn't work on Android TV boxes?

I see "Spectrum TV" app at play.google.com but have not tried it myself.

Browser

Oh, I see you are saying anroid TV box.  Not sure if available for that.  It does appear available for android tablets and phones,

Browser

Browser

Oops again, I need better glasses.  The link in my above post is 2016 not 2018 but maybe not much change if any on devices supported.

Helper

The Android TV boxes are not officially supported. Android "devices" actually means "mobile devices" like phones and tablets. The Android TV boxes are a separate class of streaming device that includes the Roku (which is currently the only supported streaming device outside of the Xbox One and certain Samsung tv models).

Spectator

I have 2 Android devices that had Spectrum TV app working. Then came an update and guess what, they no longer work.  Now if I try to reinstall I get my device is not compatible.  From working to none working, not a good track record for Spectrum. Why did Spectrum do this?

Newcomer

Where are Android "devices" defined as "mobile devices like phones and tablets? IF, a phone or tablet is required, it SHOULD be clearly stated in the app requirements, down to the models capable.

FTM, it does not work on my Chromebook either. Worthless to me.