Highlighted
Not applicable

Android TV support

Android TV is not only for specific TVs but is also being added\used with other streaming devices but still no Spectrum Tv app for it. Please add Android TV support
6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Android TV support

Currently, the Spectrum TV App is only available on select Samsung Smart TV's, Apple TV, Xbox 1 and ROKU.  (There are also multiple mobile devices you can use) Thanks for the feedback, we will pass it along for future consideration.  

Helper

For streaming devices the app is available on Roku, Apple TV, and select Samsung tvs.  The app is also available on Android, iOS, and Kindle mobile devices (phones and tablets) and the Xbox One. 

Android TV, Fire TV, NVIDIA, Chromecast, and other streaming devices are not supported.

Seasoned Contributor

Well, I am not sure what everyone is talking about. Why can't  you go to a web browser and go to the spectrumlive tv page and watch your channels, if  you are  subscriber to Spectrum TV.  I have been fighting with these kinds of issues all week, there must be a way to watch it on your android box if you use Google, for example. So, can someone please enlighten me, thanks  for listening and your assistance!

Helper

@psongman wrote:

Well, I am not sure what everyone is talking about. Why can't  you go to a web browser and go to the spectrumlive tv page and watch your channels, if  you are  subscriber to Spectrum TV.  I have been fighting with these kinds of issues all week, there must be a way to watch it on your android box if you use Google, for example. So, can someone please enlighten me, thanks  for listening and your assistance!

I don't know what you're asking. Are you asking why you can't watch Spectrum via the browser directly from an Andriod TV box? Android TV devices aren't supported at this time. The service knows what device on which the browser is running.

Seasoned Contributor

OH, OK< wow, I went in to my kitchen and it lets me go to the Spectrum live tv page and i didn't even have to sign in.  So, you are saying tha t I am really on a completely different internet area when I am using my androind box? I am really not getting this but must be codin g. I can go on any site on the web and connect, hmmmm?

Helper

@psongman wrote:

OH, OK< wow, I went in to my kitchen and it lets me go to the Spectrum live tv page and i didn't even have to sign in.  So, you are saying tha t I am really on a completely different internet area when I am using my androind box? I am really not getting this but must be codin g. I can go on any site on the web and connect, hmmmm?

If you want any kind of definitive answers you really need to provide details.

• What device are you using in your kitchen?
  • Is it connected to your home network?
  • Where is the Android TV box and is it connected to your home network?
  • You can access Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO Go, etc. and surf the web to your hearts content on the Android TV box, but you probably will not get the Spectrum TV app nor the watch.spectrum.net site to run properly on said device because Android TV is not supported.