Rookie

TWC app for Samsung Series 8000 SUHD tv-

Just bought a 2016 Samsung 4K SUHD TV because both TWC phone support and a tech support person at my local TWC store whom I went to see both assured me that TWC app could be downloaded to the Samsung TV I had chosen to buy. So I start set up and no TWC app is listed. I call Samsung support for help and after 15 minutes and being on hold twice I am told TWC needs to update the app for use on the Series 8000 to make it compatible but Samsung does not know when this will happen .  I bought a Samsung TV precisely for the its capacity to use the TWC app. When is it going to be available??

7 REPLIES 7
Expert

Re: TWC app for Samsung Series 8000 SUHD tv-

Samsung has been a HORRIBLE tech company with no interchangeability in their firmware., People should quit buying their products.

This is not a TWC issue, It's a Samsung one. Poor product design

Spectator

I have this same issue with a KS 8000
Lead Moderator

Our apologies that this is not available currently. We are not able to provide you with a date

when that TV/ Series will be included. When the TWCTV option is available in the list you 

will be able to utilize that. 

Please visit our TWC Apps here for Partner App informaiton: TWC and Partner Apps

The list of supported Samsung TV sets can be found here: Samsung TWCTV Compatibility

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

JLT
Rookie

You've got to be kidding.  This is one of Samsung's highest rated and best selling TV's. Was told by Time Warner that TWC app would work.  I'll ask the question this way. Will Time Warner make an app for this tv in 2016?

john

Spectator

I bought this same TV after reading on the Time Warner web site that the TWC TV app was supported and pre-installed with ALL Samsung smart tvs from 2012 or newer. Is Time Warner even working on this? https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-tv/twctvapp/how-do-i-install-the-twc-tv-app-on-...
Rookie

Same story here. I was told in reviews and by TWC that this TV specifically was supported and now I'm seeing it isn't? That is a major reason why I went this TV. TWC, get it together!

Newcomer

I just purchased the Samsung 8000 and had to call tech service for my TWC I'd #.  The guy on the phone told me the TV is going to connect directly to their servers thus eliminating the cable box.  I'm like awesome!  This will be so cool!  Is that why I'm having problems trying to connect with "Spectrum Authentication "?  I've been messing with trying to connect the TV for far too long now.  When I go to skip this it tells me I will not have "New smart features for spectrum".   Who's fault is this?  Cable or tv manufacturers?