Newcomer

TWC TV App not working on Xbox One.

The app will attempt to load up but, then an "Unexpected Error" message will appear as the app force closes. Then on some occasions the app will fully load to the logo of the first listed available channel(A&E) but, as soon as the logo appears the app will simply force close. No error messages or anything, this has been an on going problem.
8 REPLIES 8
Established Sharer

Re: TWC TV App not working on Xbox One.

I apologize fot the issues with the app. There are some general steps to take to resolve the issue. Unplug both cable modem and cable box for 30 seconds. Uninstall the app, reboot the device, then reinstall the app.

Newcomer

None of that works... Best bet and the only way I vould get it to work is to setup a new free gamertag and walla... Works like a charm. Doesnt cost anything but it is a pain to have to do... There must be a cache somewhere at microsoft or twc that doesnt clear and gets corrupted.
Not applicable

This has been going on for at least a week now. Is it you? TWC or Microsoft?

@JohnnyWebbJr Have you tried the above steps in troubleshooting? If those have not worked let us know. Also are you on the beta trial for Xbox One? 

Not applicable

I'll try the troubleshooting today then I'll get back to you
Not applicable

No that did not work. This is ridiculous. Can you guys contact Microsoft to figure it out? I've been without my services way too long. I need some type of reimbursement.
Lead Moderator

Sorry to hear the steps did not work for you. Are you using a connected router or using only a TWC 

modem/router combination?

If you are using a router in addition to a modem we would ask that you reboot the modem then the router 

as part of the troubleshooting steps. Unplug modem and router, the cable box and reboot those.

Modem first, once that has fully rebooted the router. Then the cable box. 

Once that has all rebooted please uninstall the TWCTV application and reboot your Xbox (not simply turning off and back on but unplugging ) then readd the application. 

If this has been done or if you are not using a 3rd party router please feel free to contact us directly

to look into this here: TWC_ForumsHelp

Please include your account number, your username and detail about what you are seeing when you 

try to load the application.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

I am currently having the same issue and I have reboot my Xbox one and ininstalled and reinstalled the TWC TV app. It keeps saying my video player is experiencing technical issues. Others times it will say an unexpected error has occurred like stated in the comment above.

I have noticed tho that it will work fine while watching live tv, but as soon as I move to OnDemand it starts error-ing out. Please fix this.