Highlighted
Observer

TWC TV APP: Kindle Fire - disable VPN

Hello TWC / Spectrum,

Every time I try to use my tv app on my Kindle Fire  it says to go to settings and disable VPN.  I've searched everywhere in my settings and online, but I can't find any setting or instructions to enable OR disable VPN on my Fire Tablet.

Now, as far as I know, I don't use a Virtual Network, I've never even set up a VPN.  My cable modem is connected to my Wireless router, through which I connect all my devices. I'm at home and connected to my router same as my laptop & Android phone (which do not have this problem). I can change the channel using my Fire HD, but it will not allow me to watch Live TV or On Demand.

How do I get the TWC TV app to let me watch TV on my tablet?

8 REPLIES 8
Lead Moderator

Re: TWC TV APP: Kindle Fire - disable VPN

Sorry to hear you are having problems with this.

Is your device a Kindle Fire HD or HDX? Have you ever been able to 

utilize the App on this device previously? 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

It is a Kindle fire HD 8 (5th gen)

There was a time I could use the app, near the beginning of the year / end of last. I hadn't used it in awhile, but the other day I went to catch up on some shows and it gave me the error. Nothing has changed in my home setup, & as previously stated, both my android phone and Windows laptop have no issues. Both connect to the same wifi router as my tablet.

@Twc-JuliaR wrote:

Sorry to hear you are having problems with this.

Is your device a Kindle Fire HD or HDX? Have you ever been able to 

utilize the App on this device previously? 

Regards,
Julia R.

Lead Moderator

Since you have not used the tablet in some time, are there operating system updates 

that you need to download? Have you updated the TWCTV App? 

If you will please contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp we 

can look into this further. 

Please include

1. Your account number

2. Your username

3. Are you having problems with other devices? 

4. Operating system version of your device

5. TWCTV app version. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Observer

I use my tablet regularly, I hadn't used your app in awhile, however I always update my apps as updates become available. Currently, my tablet is fully updated. But after I received the VPN error, the 1st thing I did was delete the TWC TV app, and download the latest version just to be sure. There are no additional updates currently. My Fire HD is running Fire-OS 5.3.1.0 and I'm using TWC TV app v4.5.0.14116

I don't understand why I need to go over all of this again in another forum since I'm already discussing it here. Is there a specific reason I need to move this there?

@Twc-JuliaR wrote:

Since you have not used the tablet in some time, are there operating system updates 

that you need to download? Have you updated the TWCTV App? 

If you will please contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp we 

can look into this further. 

Please include

1. Your account number

2. Your username

3. Are you having problems with other devices? 

4. Operating system version of your device

5. TWCTV app version. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Community Manager

@Justme1013

Contacting us at TWC_ForumsHelp allows us to look at your account and run diagnostics. The private message protects your personal information.  

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Observer

[Update]

After speaking with live customer service, we were unable to find a solution and was told they would call back during the week. I'm still waiting for the follow up call, but in the meantime I discovered the source of my problem so I thought I would post an update.

Turns out my VPN error was triggered by an adblock app.  By disabling the adblocker when I use theTWC TV app, I can use all TV app's features without issue.  Afterwards, I can re-enable the adblocker when I'm finished. I thought I would post the solution to my problem incase it may help anyone in a similar situation.  Also, I hope that this information is forwarded to your customer service department so it can become part of your troubleshooting process going forward.

I do appreciate the time spent working with me searching for a solution, your representative was very polite and understanding.

Thank You.

Community Manager

@Justme1013

Thank you for the update and glad to hear it is resolved.  I have shared your findings with our team as well.  Please let us know if the issue returns.  

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Rookie

Same problem. Same solution. Thanks for posting this.