Lead Moderator

Re: Spectrum app NOT working on Samsung Smart TV and Roku

@Goforthegusto This does not seem to be the same issue as the Smart Tv issue.

If you are having trouble streaming to multiple websites that would indicate

a connectivity issue. You may want to start a thread in our connectivity 

section. You can find a link for what to post to help in diagnosis on the post

just before this one. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

I'm in the same situation - every morning the spectrum app is out. I called a few days ago, and the cs agent said it was on their end. Please fix this! The reason I have the app at all is to watch NY1 in the mornings; kind of defeats the purpose. And, it should work. Netflix and Amazon prime do. Please get it together Spectrum.

Highlighted
Newcomer

I also have this problem on my Roku 3. I signed up for TV Choice a few months ago to get a few additional channels without paying for a cable box and many stations I had no interest in watching. Nothing but problems since then with the app frequently failing to load or freezing while watching a program. I do not have this problem with any other streaming app and my Roku 3 is hard wired to my network so I am effectively getting 50 megabits per second download speeds. This seems to be a major problem on the Spectrum end of things. 

Not applicable

I recently got a smart tv hoping that the spectrum app would work better as we were having issues on our xbox one. We now have even worse problems with the app on the smart TV. Can't watch tv longer than a few seconds before spectrum app shuts off and we are sent back to home screen. All my other apps (amazon prime, Netflix, vudu) work just fine and have lost connection during a movie or binge. I have contacted spectrum numerous times with responses like "engineers working on it" "not enough data to source the issues". I am so sick of this service and unfortunately it's the only cable provider in our area with decent internet.
Observer

Missing CHANNEL ABC

I use the Spectrum TV APP on my Samsung Smart TV; all channels work except I am getting  a code error SLP-1002; WTVGDT is unavailable.... This is ABC network; not working.... Of course, contacted Spectrum and they want my log in info to my device and that is not going to happen. 

Newcomer

Hi Julia,

Hmm.  I've seen the Spectrum app not work on Samsung TV's.  It still doesn't work on mine.  It doesn't even get to a place where credentials can be entered.  Oh by the way.  My TV and game systems are all hardlined and I can stream other services just fine.  I'm in technical support myself and its so easy to say that someones connection dropped.  I always have that person test something else that is working.  May be a good idea to listen to the customers on this page, take this back to your employer and ask them to seriously address these concerns.  Time Warner had the same attitude of 'were the only game in town. Where else will they go" until streaming services came along.  Now we can go elsewhere for our television services.  This should really bother Spectrum enough to do everything it can to make sure that it is working on it's app to be compatible with all TV's and working on it's servers to improve capacity to accomodate users.  I saw someones comment where they said there were just too many people on and they should get a box.  That would be no and no again.  That comment came from a customer.  I've never been of the attitude that if you can't beat them then oh well.  People pay for these services. Your company offers several mediums to access them.  They should work. Plain and simple.  Not trying to make you feel bad and I know that Spectrum pays you to represent their best interests.  They don't have any without their customers.  Thanks for reading.

Not applicable

Amen. I use the Spectrum app on a Samsung TV. Netflix, YouTube, etc work perfectly on the TV, always. Other devices in the house also work well over wifi. Mbps = 230 download at the site of the TV. Spectrum app works maybe 50% of the time...otherwise “Ooops, something didn’t work quite right” and please try again later.

Sorry, but when literally EVERYTHING ELSE is working fine, it’s not the TV or connectivity.
Newcomer

I am having the same problem. Only TV working is the tiny one with the set top box. Roku and Samsung TVs (2 different TVs) don't work because they rely on the app. It has been down over and over again and they tell us we have to wait 24 hrs to escalate each time. I am so tired of the poor customer service, and on top of that NOT CARRYING THE STATION with the NFL playoffs. It is clear you care about the bottom line and not the customer or you would keep things working and available.