Spectrum TV App & Samsung Smart 4k SUHD 8000 Series - App not available though TV on approved list

Spectrum/ Time Warner,

Assistance needed. I have a new Samsung Smart 4k 8000 Series TV that is on the approved Spectrum list of TV's that support use of your Spectrum TV app.  However when I search the Samsung app store for this your application no search is returned.  I see this obtuse message on your boards but it gives no clarity as to what the resolution is and why this has been cleared. Will this now work? Can you Julia R expand on your post please?

3/26 UPDATE : Spectrum TV App.

[ Edited ]

We appreciate your patience today as we have worked towards resolution
of the issue affecting our Spectrum TV. At this time this issue has been
cleared. If you are still experiencing difficulty please feel free to contact
us here: Forums_Help

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

4 REPLIES 4
Expert

Re: Spectrum TV App & Samsung Smart 4k SUHD 8000 Series - App not available though TV on appro

There is a diffeerence between AP's not available and the past week of aps that lockup, give you the rotating circle forever issue...

I believe there still isn't an ap for Vizio & android boxes or the 2016 and newer Samsungs...

Lead Moderator

Re: Spectrum TV App & Samsung Smart 4k SUHD 8000 Series - App not available though TV on appro

@Mobmarker2015  If you are not seeing the application available for download to the 

tv it is not compatible.  

If you will please provide us  with the entire model number I can have the webpage looked into that listed that. I am not seeing a 4K SUHD 8000.  

I see 

65" CLASS JS8500 4K SUHD SMART TV, 

78" CLASS JS8600 4K SUHD SMART TV,

48" CLASS JS8500 4K SUHD SMART TV, 

55" CLASS JS8500 4K SUHD SMART TV, 

65" CLASS JS8500 4K SUHD SMART TV, 

78" CLASS JS8600 4K SUHD SMART TV,  

They appear to have additional identification numbers similar to UN78JS8600FXZA or UN60JS700DFXZA   If you can provide that for me I would very much appreciate it. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Julie,

Thank you for your reply. The specific Model # is UN65K800DF purchased from Costco.

In addition when I am attempting to complete the Spectrum Authentication with the TV I am receiving this message ' There is a problem communicating with your cable box. Please call the number below to upgrade your box or verify your Spectrum account." The message says to call 1-800-TWC-HELP to which I did and I verified my account but am still receiving this notification. Can you or someone else assist please?

Lead Moderator

Please contact me directly at Forums_help with your account number, verification 

of your service address and your My Account username to begin.

Thank you! 

Regards,
Julia R.