Rookie

Samsung 6 series 50 and Spectrum app... channel stutter but only on two local channels

I am running the Spectrum App on my Samsung 6 series 50 Smart Tv.  I have a problem on just two channels in my lineup.  Fox Tv and NBC stutter and freeze but this doesn't happen on any other channels.  The continually jump and stutter.  I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app.  I have to updates for my tv.  I pay for the app to specifically stream Fox, which doesn't come in over the antenna.  I pay $30.00 a month for the service and cannot figure out what the problem is.  Does anyone else have this problem, where it only stutters on a couple channels? 

6 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Samsung 6 series 50 and Spectrum app... channel stutter but only on two local channels

Is your connection wired or wifi? If wifi, are you able to move the router a little closer to the tv to see if that helps?

Proven Sharer

Re: Samsung 6 series 50 and Spectrum app... channel stutter but only on two local channels

If you are paying only $30 per month and connect to your TV over WiFi, your internet speed tier may not be fast enough.  That price sounds like a 30/5 internet package. Streaming apps usually need a bit more capacity on the upload side for the video error correction, especially over WiFi. 

Rookie

it's wired and it's only those two channel feeds.... odd for sure

Rookie

Nope.. I have a great internet speed and it's only two channels over the spectrum feed that do this.. that's what I can't figure out... the others are great.  Oh and it's on my tv that hard wired.

Rookie

the 30 isn't my internet cost.. it's the spectrum app cost. .i pay 70 for internet on top of that
Lead Moderator

Morning!

I was able to locate your account through your registration. Looking at your 

modem logs I am actually seeing quite a few T3 time outs and a few T4 timeouts.

This may be a contributing to the issue. I would also expect your other devices are

seeing intermittent issues, it may not be at a time you are heavily using the connection

and are going unnoticed.

The modem also appears to be a 4 x 4 (meaning only 4 upstream and 4 downstream channels).  

I would encourage you to contact our Social Media Team at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums