Rookie

No TWC App - New Samsung Smart TV (7000 Series)

I just purchased a new 2016 Samsung Smart TV (7000 Series - Model Number un49ku7000fxza) and I cannot find the TWC TV App on the TV.. Looking at the TWC Website (http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-tv/twctvapp/how-do-i-install-the-twc-tv-app-on-s...) it states that "The TWC TV® app will be preloaded automatically in the personalized area."

I am using this TV in a location where I have internet but cannot easily run coax cable. Will the TWC TV App be available at any point for this TV? 

--- UPDATE ----

It looks like many others are complaing about this problem. I suppose this thread can be closed.

11 REPLIES 11
Lead Moderator

Re: No TWC App - New Samsung Smart TV (7000 Series)

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to obtain the TWCTV application for your new TV.

I am not seeing the TV set you mentioned listed in the compatible devices list. 

You can review that list here: Samsung.com/compatible devices

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

Julia,

Thanks for the response. Please read the following article provided by TWC Directly:

Per Bullet Point Number 3:

"•For new Samsung Smart TVs:
The TWC TV® app will be preloaded automatically in the personalized area."

(Note: It does not mention "Only available on Some Models" anywhere in this article. Maybe they should rewrite this FAQ)

This is rather misleading. And considering I purchased this (relitively expensive) TV to put in place that would solely be utilizing the TWC TV App as I cannot run Coax to this location, pretty annoying. When I ran searched for "Samsung TV TWC TV App" this was the first article that showed and again, it makes no mention of "Some Models." I understand that Smart TV's are ever evolving and new Firmware comes out all the time (As does iOS, Android and other products) but TWC really needs to get on the ball with their programming to stay viable.

Hopefully when Charter comes in they will hire some new app development folks with the wherewithal to stay on top of the game.

Best,
Drew

Highlighted
Newcomer

Same problem I had with a new 40" 6300 series...no TWC TV app available.  This is a step backwards...complete fail.

Newcomer

Exact same issue I have with the 40' Samsung 6300 I just purchase.   Unreal, I thought I would have no issues based on the TWC site.    Unreal, in today's state of technology.   Now I have to purchase a Roku or exchange this TV.  

Rookie

Yeah I totally agree-- The funny thing is, I went into bestbuy to pick up an insignia 4k Roku TV for this purpose and I walked out with the Samsung (after double checking the TWC site) because the Samsungs picture was incredible in comparison to the Insignia, so here I am, haha.

Spectator

Will this issue be fixed with the Spectrum app? Now the TWC is now Spectrum? Does anybody know?

Newcomer

Just bought a $1000 7000 series with the intent of just using the app.

Unbelievable. I can't wait to dump Time Warner. Also dumping this tv that just wasted my entire afternoon.
Expert

Conact Samsung and tell them you'll quit buying the garbage unless they start loading the firmware properly. Most of these sets don't work the day they're made much less several months later, unless they get a firmware update. At least you can request one unlike Vizio...

This is not a TWC issue, It's a Samsung one.

Participant

I don't know about you guys, but I don't need the twctv app on my new Samsung UHD TV 55 inch 6300.  I connected it at twctv.com website "Device Connect" button.  That put everything on twctv.com on the TV itself.  I had to stumble around learning how to use the Samsung Smart clicker to display all TWCTV On Demand shows, etc. ( and I still stumble around with the Smart clicker but I am getting better at it).  I no longer need twctv.com.  With my earlier Samsung Smart TV from 2011 there was no twctvapp and I had to connect the tv via hdmi cable to the computer and then go to twctv.com each time I wanted to watch an on demand show and then it would play both on the computer monitor and the tv (seen as a second monitor).  

My router died and I am waiting on Dell's $150 gift card attached to this new TV I bought from them so I can use it to get a new router.  So, this new tv is NOT connected to the internet, Smart Hub is inaccessible and no firmware updates have been applied.  Yet I have had no problems getting all TWCTV content on the TV after I used the "Device Connect" button at twctv.com.  So, the TWCTV app is not needed on Samsung 2016 Smart TVs seems to me.