Highlighted
Not applicable

Need helpful hints - Cloud DVR on Spectrum TV Essentials

I'm new to the Spectrum TV Essentials streaming service.  For the past month I've used Philo TV through Roku streaming stick.  Philo has a cloud DVR and the ability to fast forward and rewind.

I now have the Spectrum streaming and  the fast forward is somewhat confusing.    On Philo I can see a screen shot of the commericals being fast forwarded.    On TV Essentials the screen does not move. 

Any helpful hints would be appreciated.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Need helpful hints - Cloud DVR on Spectrum TV Essentials

We apologize for any poor experience, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Not applicable

Thank you James.  I did speak to Spectrum technical support this evening.  Specifically I'm talking about movies I have saved in my library. 

It is not clean cut to fast forward through commericials.  They do not show a screen shot to show you when the commercial ends.  You have to look at the bottom of the screen where it shows numbers.  It is a guess as to when to stop pressing fast forward.  When you press play it then reloads the movies.  It is not time efficient at all.

The woman stated that supposedly the enginneers are working on this.  It so so archacic they way it is done at this time.

When I play back a movie on Philo the 2 hours is reduced to 1 1/2 hours because of the way they designed the program. 

Thank you.

Donna

Newcomer

I noticed the same behavior. What good is fast forward if you cant see what you're fast forwarding through? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Is there an ETA on fixing this?

Thank you,

Brad