Valued Participant

Re: All my samsung smart tv's give "progam unavilable". Roku's play fine

1 tv is wired 1 wireless.  2 rokus i have are wireless and play twc tv just fine.  Signals are fine.  The issue is twc tv's app for samsung.. others have exact same issue.

Expert

Samsung is brain dead, a couple times or more a year they "update" the firmware and it's not backwards compatable. So various providers now have to test then update new aps.. Hey... Apple is the same way...

Woman Sad

Spectator

I bet that is the issue My Internet has been working way too well ever since the tech put new ends and installed the amp.Only my Samsungs have issue with TWC-TV ?????

Spectator

Just called for a update really no update just that they are working on it ???

Rookie

Same issue. App gives program unavailable error on Samsung TV's constantly. Works fine on Roku, PC, tablet, etc.

My Vizio has a bigger problem: no app at all. Useless TV without box?

Highlighted
Observer

I just want to report that I am having this exact same issue with the TWC app on my Samsung tv. A couple weeks ago, I purchased a Samsung UN24H4500 and UN32J5500. Watching live tv on the TWC app on the 5500 works great, but I always get the program unavailable message on the 4500.

The TWC app on my Roku stick works with no problems, so I have to remove the stick from a nonsmart tv and plug into my 4500 smart tv each time I want to use the TWC app.

This is NOT an issue with my network connections.

Rookie

I actually called Samsung.  They loaded the latest firmware update into my tv and restored it to factory settings.  It crashed on the Time Warner app while the tech was still remotely configuring my tv!  They said the tech department was aware of the issue and were working with Time Warner for a sollution.

Rookie

I was having the same issue.  I had a fiber optic tech working at my building from another town nearby who said his Samsung tv had the same issue and it was brand new!.  My tv started playing the Time Warner app without issue on 04/08/16.  The app seems to have been updated.  It runs for a few hours then gives you a press any button to continue using the app option sometimes.  If you dont press a button it switches to a screen saver but as soon as you press any button the app comes right back up!.  This does not happen often.  I have had no cut out issues since.

@g35greek wrote:

http://imgur.com/kksfdQH

is this some kind of joke? ill change a channel, it will play for 2 minutes then give me this stupid error.  i have 3 samsung tvs and they all do it.  twc tv on my rokus play just fine.

twc has done a great job of ruining my expierence with the twc tv app. the twc tv app for samsung hasnt even been updated since april of last year.