Highlighted
Browser

Using TiVo with Spectrum TV Choice

Hi all,

Currently using Cable Card and Tuning Adapter with my TiVo with Spectrum Select TV package.  May look at Spectrum TV Choice since I do not watch majority of the channels I now have.  Just asking if the TiVo is compatible with the Spectrum TV Choice streaming TV plan.

Thanks,

Robert 

8 REPLIES 8
Helper

Re: Using TiVo with Spectrum TV Choice

Yes you can use a cablecard and TiVo with Choice. 

Seasoned Contributor

@DoctorA wrote:

Just asking if the TiVo is compatible with the Spectrum TV Choice streaming TV plan.

Yes it is.  Things to watch out for:

1) If you have more than one make sure they enable all of them on the call because it's time consuming.

2) You have to call both to set it up and to make any changes to your line-up.

3) It's not clear to me how often you can change but because of point one above the rep. on the second call let me "fix" my choices but she said I'd have to wait 30 days to make any changes.

4) So carefully review your choices.  If you use kmttg you can easily view and sort your passes by channel and when all those extra channels go away you can also use it to reload your updated channel map using export/import.

Browser

Thanks for the information and caveats of the service.  Upon looking at channels looks like the regional sports networks are not channels that be chosen.   

Helper

@DoctorA wrote:

Thanks for the information and caveats of the service.  Upon looking at channels looks like the regional sports networks are not channels that be chosen.   

That's correct. Lack of regional sports networks is my reason for not switching to Choice. 

Browser

If I go with the Choice package with my TiVo, would I only need the cable card? I wouldn't have to worry about a tuning adapter, would I?

Helper

@SEJ wrote:

If I go with the Choice package with my TiVo, would I only need the cable card? I wouldn't have to worry about a tuning adapter, would I?

The tuner adapter would be needed if any of the channels you choose for your package are SDV channels.

Browser

@reds91185 wrote:

@SEJ wrote:

The tuner adapter would be needed if any of the channels you choose for your package are SDV channels.

OK, thanks. i didn't think streaming would still involve SDV.

Helper

@SEJ wrote:

@reds91185 wrote:

@SEJ wrote:

OK, thanks. i didn't think streaming would still involve SDV.

Well, if you're using a cablecard and TiVo you aren't streaming.  You would be streaming if using the Spectrum TV app on a Roku or other supported device.