Contributor

Review of Spectrum Choice Tv streaming package

Yesterday I signed up for a free 7 day trial of Spectrum's Choice TV streaming service. It gives you all your locals(main and sub-channels) (depending on where you live)and you get to choose 10 channels that you just have to have.( you get to choose from about 65 channels) The Pros: the cost is $24.99(which includes a $3 broadcast fee) for 2 years. 2. It works fine on my smartphone,tab s4,chromebook,smart tv and roku. Cons: 1. no dvr, but then I don't dvr so that's not an issue. 2. no firestick/tv app as of yet 3. no PC browser based Spectrum Tv app(UPDATE) You can access your Spectrum Tv Choice channels  through https://watch.spectrum.net. 4. wish they had a $5 add-on pack of say 5 channels you could choose from. Picture quality is excellent.(30fps) Cost is excellent. If you only need or want a few channels, then this is the streaming service for you. Why pay for 50 to 60 channels if you only watch 10 and the locals.? Seems like a no-brainer to me. I have had SlingTv for 3 months,  PS Vue for 9 month, then Hulu Live Tv for 1 month, then DTVN for 16 months and have a current 6 week free trial of YTTV. I think I'm going to stick with this Spectrum Choice Tv, as it gives me all the channels I want to watch, and  NOT the 40 to 50 that I don't. Plus you can use the Everywhere TV apps for the channels you choose to get more on-demand for those channels on firestick/tv or roku. So I get a total of about 45 channels. Preminum channels were offerd at $7.50 per. I have read elsewhere that you can get 5 of the 6 Preminum channels for a total of $15.  These are Tv everywhere Apps. spectrumtvchoicechannels-100750217-large.jpg

EDIT:  Just learned that the Broadcast Fee will go from $3 to $5 in March. In addition, after the 2 year promotional period the price rises to $35 not including what ever the Broadcast fee will be at that time. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Review of Spectrum Choice Tv streaming package

@rocketjetz

Thanks for the feedback.  It's great to hear from customers, and we are glad that you are happy with the service so far.  I also included a link to the Channel Lineup for Spectrum Choice, anyone clicking the link will need to enter their zip code to see the line up for their area.  

Thanks again!  

Browser

Looks interesting as option especially at the price point.  Only thing lacking is availability of regional sports networks like Fox Sports West and Fox Prime Ticket.  

Helper

@DoctorA wrote:

Looks interesting as option especially at the price point.  Only thing lacking is availability of regional sports networks like Fox Sports West and Fox Prime Ticket.  

Agree...the lack of inclusion of regional sports channels is my biggest obstacle. In my case...Fox Sports Southwest for Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, and Dallas Stars games. I would be okay without it if I could order MLB.tv and get Rangers games but the local team is always blacked out.

Sharer

Agreed on the sports channel angle. Would be nice if they could do something alo g the lines of the sports/news/weather add-on they have for the regular Spectrum Stream plan. The +10 is just not enough.

Just picking the core networks (ESPN and such) that a sports/news junkie would need can eat up most of those 10 channels, which doesn't leave much wiggle room for entertainment channels for the rest of the household. It was one of the main reasons we dropped their plans last year. After factoring in the combined the cost of all services (Hulu and such) to maintain access to all the content we wanted, we were able to pickup a couple more specialized channels for right at the same price as the Spectrum plan we were on.

I LOVE the approach they are taking with this plan... a far more a la carte model than anyone else out there. It just doesn't go quite far enough down that path to cover our needs.
Contributor

If you get ESPN/ESPN2 as 2 of your 10 channels, the ESPN/WatchEspn App will allow you to see the entire familiy of ESPN channels: ESPN,ESPN2,ESPNU,ESPNNews,ESPNSEC,ACC,Texas Longhorn Network,etc