Highlighted
Rookie

Not allowed to use cable cards?

I called last night to switch my package to TV Choice. I already have 2 cable cards in 2 TiVos. The lady told me that cable cards would NOT work with Spectrum that i was still on a Time Warner package. She then told me she'd have to send me 2 boxes for $7.50 each and mailed them out to me. I dont want these boxes and want to use by Tivos, I've read that they are able to be used. What should I do to get this fixed so i can use them and get rid of the 2 $7.50 boxes?

4 REPLIES 4
Sharer

Re: Not allowed to use cable cards?

TV Choice doesn’t use any Spectrum TV hardware. It just uses the Spectrum app available on iOS, Android, or Roku.
I haven’t heard of a native TiVo app for Spectrum, so I assume that you’ll have to pick a different package.
Rookie

No you can use the App or HD Boxes according to the lady that signed me up. She said she had to send me 2 HD boxes to hook to my TV because I couldn't use Tivos with cable cards. From reading a few threads on this forum I've read about several people who use their Tivo's with this package (or at least thats what they claim) I was mainly questioning her statement that "cable cards dont work with Spectrum" "the only reason they worked before was because I was still on a TWC package"

Rookie

Just a quick update. I called last night and spoke to a lady in the in the Cable Card Department. She repaired my cable cards and got them working. So either the lady was mistaken about not being able to use the Tivos or just wanted to give me 2 boxes that are $8.50 each. I'll will be turning them back into the store and taken off my bill. I pick up all my local channels and the 10 I choose, but I also pick up a few other channels that where on the channel list but didnt choose. So i get like 13 channels instead of 10. I dont know if thats a glitch or if it'll stop doing that but I'm not complaining. Just happy I can use my Tivo's now with it.
Helper

Most reps are clueless about cablecards since less such a small percentage of customers use them.