Highlighted
Valued Participant

FSW & Prime Ticket.

I have Spectrum Internet but cancelled Spectrum Cable TV a few months ago and went Streaming with YouTube TV and love it. However, i got a promo in the mail for Spectrum Choice and was considering getting it.

But, there's no FSW LA and Prime Ticket, so it's a no go. I know why, they want you to upgrade to a Cable box.

My question is, is there any other way to stream FSW LA & Prime Ticket if you use Choice?....like a separate app. I would pay extra for it.

6 REPLIES 6
Valued Participant

Re: FSW & Prime Ticket.

Actually, i just downloaded the FoxSports Go app for my local sports (FSW & Prime Ticket.

So, i may try Spectrum Choice for a trial. It's $39.99 it includes my locals, and all the Premiums.

I have heard that some channels only use 1080p/30......bummer. I have a 4K TV 2160/60.

Helper

Just having the Fox Sports Go app doesn't mean you will be able to view the games. You will have to validate your cable provider first and package that includes the local Fox Sports regional channel. 

Spectrum (and most every cable provider) offers no 4k content at present and any 1080p content is a result of upconversion from 720p or 1080i. 

Valued Participant

I know Spectrum doesn't carry 4K, and i know Spectrum Cable TV is only 1080i. That's why i am using YouTube TV streaming so i can get 1080p/60 as well at other programs like Netflix at 1440/60 and 2160/60.

Since Spectrum Choice doesn't carry Fox Sports West & Prime Ticket i guess it's a mute point now.

I use Spectrum Internet and pay $70 a month, but i guess there is no way to stream FSW/Prime Ticket unless you're on Spectrum Select, Silver (i used to have Silver Double), and Gold.

Typical Spectrum. Thanks.

Helper

@lipcrkr wrote:

I use Spectrum Internet and pay $70 a month, but i guess there is no way to stream FSW/Prime Ticket unless you're on Spectrum Select, Silver (i used to have Silver Double), and Gold.

Typical Spectrum. Thanks.

I'm a little confused by this statement...why would it be "typical Spectrum" to not be able to stream a channel that you aren't subscribed to? Or is the target of this statement that FSW/Prime should be offered on Choice?

I recently considered Choice when I dropped Silver and went with Youtube TV instead. If Choice offered Fox Sports Southwest I may have stayed with Spectrum for tv but I also get that just by offering it would increase the cost of the package for everyone.

Valued Participant

Because many people are leaving cable for streaming, that's why i left and now happily with YTTV. Spectrum Choice looked promising because of the 5 Premiums plus the locals, and 10 channels to choose from. I chose 8 and would have liked FWS and Prime Ticket to round out the 10. I would have gone back to Spectrum TV if they included those two.

I say "typical" because Spectrum knows the lack of regional sports on Choice makes people need to have to get the cable package instead. 

If Spectrum included regionals sports then many people, including myself, would go back. The only reason i'm still with Spectrum is through the Internet, but i could have been a  100% customer. 

Helper

Thanks for clarifying that. You and I are in the exact same boat. Now that I have gone to YTTV, I see how a streaming app should function. I don't think I would go back to the Spectrum TV app with it bugs and limitations. I have really gotten used to true tv anywhere and not limited to my home.