Browser

Anyone Have Picture Quality Issues When Watching Pro Football?

We have 200 Mbps internet, Spectrum TV Choice, an Asus RT-AC88. router, and a Roku Ultra 4660X player connected to the router via ethernet. When watching National Football League games, we always get pixellated pictures. it happens frequently for30 to 90 seconds at a time during the first 30 to 45 minutes of watching a game, then we get sporadic freezes, black screens, and pixellation for the balance of the game. I have not noticed this on any of the other channels or content. If you have Spectrum TV Choice,  is thus what you have experienced, too?

4 REPLIES 4
Trusted Helper

Re: Anyone Have Picture Quality Issues When Watching Pro Football?

@kc27 wrote:

We have 200 Mbps internet, Spectrum TV Choice, an Asus RT-AC88. router, and a Roku Ultra 4660X player connected to the router via ethernet. When watching National Football League games, we always get pixellated pictures. it happens frequently for30 to 90 seconds at a time during the first 30 to 45 minutes of watching a game, then we get sporadic freezes, black screens, and pixellation for the balance of the game. I have not noticed this on any of the other channels or content. If you have Spectrum TV Choice,  is thus what you have experienced, too?

Hello,

Most likely, you have a bad signal or drop line issue.  Call Spectrum for a Signal and Drop line test work order.  Avoid rebooting any equipment for six hours prior to your service call, as the rebooting will reset the error codes to zero, and the tech needs to read the error codes with his signal meeter.  This apples to all boxes, modems, and routers,  See that splitters are removed, they can cause pixilation by up to ninety percent.

Than tune to the station(s) that pixilate the most when he is there to take a signal reading.

Satch

Newcomer

I have on fox local channel in bowling green ky
Browser

Thanks for the replies. Satch, I feel my service is fine. I never have a problem with picture quality on any channel except for those times when the channel is broadcasting an NFL game. I don't know how I missed it when searching before making m;y post, but this same issue is discussed in this thread titled "Football with the Spectrum App on various networks"

Not applicable

It's common to have popular football games pixelate while using the Spectrum app.  If you read all the posts here it's been found out that Spectrum grossly underestimated how popular the Spectrum app would be and didn't have the servers needed to keep up with any content where big crowds are watching, especially popular college and NFL football games.  Still, this has been going on for months with no improvement as of 1/13/19.  You would have thought that by now the situation would have been remedied.  Most of the good football games are on the networks so I either watch them over the air with an antenna, or us the ESPN app.