Rookie

WiFi calling

Is WiFi calling available on Spectrum Mobile?

If not available currently, will it be in the future?

14 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: WiFi calling

Are you referring to WiFi calling for international calls?  Otherwise, Spectrum mobile features unlimited text and talk.  For sales and support, Spectrum Mobile can be reached at 1-833-224-6603.  

Rookie

I am asking about being able to place a call when you have no cell coverage but are on Wifi.

At&t and Verizon both have this feature, and it comes in useful in some buildings.

Newcomer

I too am looking for this feature.  Had it with Verizon and needed it due to limited cell signal at home.  I assumed (incorrectly apparently) that since Spectrum uses Verizon's network that this feature would be available.

Newcomer

I spoke with a spectrum representative yesterday who told me that there would be a software fix to provide that service in December of this year
Newcomer

i just got off the phone with Spectrum mobile support.  VERY DISSAPOINTED!  I was told that  they don’t support WiFi calling.  She didn’t know if they would in the future,   Hopefully the info Nahnmon  got is correct.  Although we NEED WiFi calling, signal too weak in house.   Also, we had issues getting my wife’s phone activated (took 3 days!).  So far not a happy Spectrum Mobile customer.   

Does anyone from Spectrum monitor this forum?

Newcomer

James_M are you able to research this and provide a definitive answer?

If this isn’t functional for Spectrum, then websites and marketing materials should state so.

We have 2 new phones we will have to return and will have to go through the trouble to switch back to Verizon if this feature isn’t available.

Thanks

Community Manager

@bjwilli93

The information you were provided is correct.   WiFi calling is currently not supported.   There is not a time frame available for when this feature will be available in the future.  

Newcomer

It is not currently available. I recently switched. I asked the representative told me over the phone that it should be in January, but she hesitated for a long time when I asked, so I wasn't very confident that she was telling the truth. Should probably call in and ask again. Still a great deal, and their cell coverage area is really good.
Newcomer

They told me there was - December. I called yesterday and can't get anwswers but they say yes they offer it for certain phones for which my iphone 8 was one.  BUT I can't get it to work.