Rookie

True Cost of by the gig plan

I would want 2 lines by the gb on the same plan. From what i understand its $14 per line per gig... But its a shared 1gb... So thats $28 total for the 2 lines... If we collectivly go over that 1gb its another $14 for each additional gb.

If the first gb is shared and all additional gbs are shared... Would it be better to have 2 seperate accounts with 1 line each so that each line gets its own 1gb to start rather then sharing it in the account with 2 lines?

What taxes and fees are the average per phone on a billing cycle?

9 REPLIES
Rookie

Using under 100mb

If in a billing cycle i do not go over 100mb of data usage... Is it free?

Community Manager

Re: Using under 100mb

You can find answers to frequently asked questions at the Spectrum Mobile website.   

For direct support,  the Spectrum Mobile team can be reached at 1-833-224-6603.  

Highlighted
Rookie

Re: True Cost of by the gig plan

What will the average cost of fees and taxes be about each month?
Rookie

What are the fees each month

Can anyone provide an estimate of the additional fees and taxes that are added per phone line each month. We are light users and looking at 2 lines both style 4s, by the gig.
Observer

Re: What are the fees each month

when i had it i had the unlimited plan and the taxes were under 2.00 a month

what i would be curious about if you choose the by the gig plan do they keep charging you for each gig you use after 3 gigs allowing you to rack up a huge phone bill

Observer

oh yea if your gonna be using the phone to canada to call canada and or mexico that's not included in the plan wich i can expect at that price point. something to think about

@krel_2018 wrote:

when i had it i had the unlimited plan and the taxes were under 2.00 a month

what i would be curious about if you choose the by the gig plan do they keep charging you for each gig you use after 3 gigs allowing you to rack up a huge phone bill

Lead Moderator

Hi!   Just a little clarification. If you have one phone by the Gig you get 1 Gig. If you go over that 1 Gig you will be charged for another. If you have 2 phones you get 2 Gigs (shared) so if say one phone uses 1.5 Gig and the other uses only .5 there will be no added charge for another Gig.  In the 2 phone scenario, if you go over the 2 shared Gigs, we will charge for one more. That one will also be shared between the 2 phones. 

Hope that  helps!

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

All sounds great! Just waiting on a sale or some sort of deal to push me off the Verizon boat.
Observer

the big drawback for me is no BYOD. just bought a moto Z3 wich is ready for 5G with a mod