Newcomer

Spectrum Mobile APN Settings.

Just looking for the APN settings for Spectrum Mobile. 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum Mobile APN Settings.

For assistance with Spectrum Mobile, you can visit a Spectrum Mobile store or contact mobile support directly at  1-833-224-6603​​​​​.  

Newcomer

Tha KS for the speedy response, James.
Unfortunately the support staff do not have the information I am seeking. They only put me on hold and make me wait just to say they don't know.
Proven Sharer

Guessing that you are trying to 'bring your own phone' over to Spectrum 's cellular service?  Maybe you could tell the forum readers what you mean by APN numbers and why you need it/them.  I've worked for a major player in the cellular industry for over 30 years and never heard that term used before.  Today brings an opportunity for me to learn something new.

Helper

APN stands for Access Point Name. APN settings are set up to allow a device to access data over the mobile network. These are set automatically by the carrier and the only reason I can see why someone would want to change them is to attempt to bring your own device to the network without actually "activating" it properly. 

Not applicable

I need them too. I had an iPhone with another carrier and I could not send MMS to non iPhone users. Setting the APN fixed the issue. Called Spectrum and rep never heard of this issue. This is not a new issue. I see an option in my iPhone XR to “add cellular plan”. Is something suppose to be there?