Spectrum Connectivity Services App - Messing with WiFi connections

Ever since I switched to spectrum mobile, the Spectrum Connectivity Services app has been installed on my phone and I can't figure out how to uninstall it. It keeps turning my WiFi on and off without my consent and it makes duplicate connections appear in my list of wifi connections when there should only be 1, which causes my phone to have connectivity issues with my WiFi networks. This problem didn't happen until I put the spectrum sim card in my phone, so I know it's not an issue with my phone. And when I remove the sim card, this application disappears from my phone. So the problem is this stupid application. I don't understand why spectrum wants to install a faulty application that messes with my WiFi connections and I don't have any ability to do anything about it. This is absolutely asenine and there is no reason for this application to even exist. It's an insult to basic human intelligence because it basically says, "You're too stupid to manage your connections so we're going to do it for you." And then it doesn't even manage my connections properly!!! Please help, someone. I need to uninstall this software, but I can't! At the moment, the only thing I can figure out how to do is uninstall updates, force stop it, or remove the sim card entirely (which is ridiculous). This is infuriating.

3 REPLIES 3
Helper

Re: Spectrum Connectivity Services App - Messing with WiFi connections

Android?  Do you have another connection management app installed on your phone?

Yes, I'm on Android 9.

And no. I appreciate you asking to try and help but I am 100% certain that this application and no other application is causing the problem. There is no need to explore the possiblity that some other app is causing this issue. I just need to know how to remove this application from my device. Or even disable it. I've already been through my settings. I've spent the last hour trying to figure it out. Can't find anything on the web either.  So far, the only way I know of removing it is by removing the Spectrum sim card. But clearly that's not a valid solution because then I can't use data. Not to mention keeping a sim card loose on me and constantly removing it and putting it in the phone is just idiotic.

Once again, I am 100% certain this issue is this application. When I force stop it, the problems disppear. But then they re-appear when the app starts running again. And I never had this problem when I was with Verizon for over 2 years.

Highlighted
Helper

My quick searches don't indicate any way of disabling it. Have you tried Spectrum Mobile customer service?

1-833-224-6603​​​​​