Highlighted
Not applicable

Samsung Galaxy A50 compatibility

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew if the Samsung Galaxy a.50 is compatible with Spectrum mobile that is the phone I would like to buy an ass I don't have it I do not have an IMEI to check compatibility. They sell an unlocked version and Verizon version. So does anyone know if it will work? Thank you very much in advance. John
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy A50 compatibility

For specific assistance with this Spectrum Mobile question, please contact mobile support directly at 1-833-224-6603​​​​​. 

Highlighted
Browser

I have two phones on verizon and went to the Spectrum store, only to find out neither of my phones are supported. 

Now i need to find some new phones and was looking at the A50.  Did you ever find out if an A50 will work on their service?

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

At this time (June 2020) the A20 is not compatible when bringing from other carriers.

I do see that currently this device direct from manufacturer can be used. These are considered open market phones.

Before ordering this phone we encourage you to contact our Mobile Support team to re-verify as things do change from time to time on this subject.  1-833-224-6603​​​​​ 

Julia 

Highlighted
Browser

Samsung S20 Ultra compatibility (Samsung Unlocked version sm-g988uzaaxaa)?

I am looking to buy this unlocked version of the Samsung S20 Ultra:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-s/galaxy-s20-ultra-5g-128gb-unlocked-sm-g988uzaaxaa/

It is the US version with CDMA support (not the international version).

Is the Samsung direct, factory unlocked sm-g988uzaaxaa something that will work on Spectrum Mobile?

Someone in a Best Buy review says it doesn't.  I already have this phone ordered, so hopefully you can tell me.

Highlighted
Browser

Thanks!

I bought one Samsung Unlocked A51 supporting CDMA (aka US version).  Should have it tomorrow.  I take it the SM-A515UZKNXAA will work as well?  It is the Samsung A51 unlocked version for the US market with CDMA.

Also added a new thread as I also ordered a Samsung Ultra Samsung unlocked version for the US market (SM-G988UZAAXAA)

If you can let me know if these two phones work, that'd be great.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@etc6849 wrote:

Thanks!

I bought one Samsung Unlocked A51 supporting CDMA (aka US version).  Should have it tomorrow.  I take it the SM-A515UZKNXAA will work as well?  It is the Samsung A51 unlocked version for the US market with CDMA.

Also added a new thread as I also ordered a Samsung Ultra Samsung unlocked version for the US market (SM-G988UZAAXAA)

If you can let me know if these two phones work, that'd be great.

You can check device compatibility at this link: https://www.spectrum.com/mobile/byod  

Otherwise, we are unable to assist with device specific questions on the Forum. For specific assistance with this Spectrum Mobile question, please contact mobile support directly at 1-833-224-6603​​​​​. 

Highlighted
Browser

As I'm sure you are aware, the people asking these questions usually just want to know which phones to order, they don't have the IMEI yet.  This is because we go into your store and usually none of our current phones are supported.

Spectrum needs to be a little more user friendly in this respect, especially when people are just asking can I buy a Samsung XYZ open market phone and use it on your network.  Hopefully a list can be added to your website.

I called, and it appears your phone staff does have such a secret list (where you don't need to have an IMEI to know if a particular model is supported), and the Samsung A51 unlocked (e.g. open market US variant,SM-A515UZKNXAA) is NOT supported yet.

It appears the Samsung S20 Ultra I ordered from Samsung is though.