Highlighted
Rookie

No voicemail notification on iphone 7 or 8

Why doesnt the iPhone tell us when we have a voicemail?  There is NO notice at all.  NO red dot, nothing.  My husband left me one and it didnt tell me until I called my voicemail. While doing that I had one from 2 days ago I knew nothing about. Ive had my DATA off and on,  also have my wifi on all day. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. 

3 REPLIES
Helper

Re: No voicemail notification on iphone 7 or 8

This is not specific to Spectrum Mobile. Over the course of the past 20 years of having cell phones, multiple brands and multiple carriers, this has been a common thing for me...and it has only gotten worse in recent years. My theory is that less and less people actually use voicemail and just text instead so the companies use their resources to support that more.

Rookie

Thank you.
Valued Contributor

Let your phone take the voicemail.  Then you can get the notice on the phone and listen to it without calling any number (just tap the "phone" app where you make calls and the last icon is voicemail).  It will also show you how many VM you have and will notify (assume you have some notification set, there is by default).  iPhones do great by themselves.  Simple website I find for it is:

https://www.imore.com/how-set-and-use-voicemail-iphone

/Dan