Highlighted
Browser

I am thinking of switching to Spectrum Mobile from AT&T prepaid

I am thinking of switching to Spectrum Mobile from AT&T prepaid. 

I wanted to know if visual voicemail is supported on their android phones?

Does Spectrum Mobile allow third party billing like Verizon postpaid or AT&T postpaid does?

Does Spectrum Mobile have an early upgrade program and if so what are the requirments of the program?

I would appreciate any feedback from existing Spectrum Mobile customers on how good or bad the service is. 

3 REPLIES 3
Observer

Re: I am thinking of switching to Spectrum Mobile from AT&T prepaid

well i don't know about the voicemail part of it. but i don't see why you can't do early upgrades as long as the old device is paid off... there is no post pay with spectrum mobile it's auto pay only with a CC or debit card. when i tried it i felt like i was being throttled hard on my internet speeds since i could only hit upto 50 mbps in 4G LTE mode with verizon i can hit close to 400 MBPS in 4G LTE mode. i didn't even keep the service for two weeks!!! it just wasn't the same experience as with verizon. and when i sent the phone back someone lost it somewhere in the wharehouse and that took a month for em to find it. compare the spectrum coverage map to the verizon coverage verizon has more coverage as there's no off network roaming. i say that because i don't know how much you travel...

Browser

@krel_2018 wrote:

well i don't know about the voicemail part of it. but i don't see why you can't do early upgrades as long as the old device is paid off... there is no post pay with spectrum mobile it's auto pay only with a CC or debit card. when i tried it i felt like i was being throttled hard on my internet speeds since i could only hit upto 50 mbps in 4G LTE mode with verizon i can hit close to 400 MBPS in 4G LTE mode. i didn't even keep the service for two weeks!!! it just wasn't the same experience as with verizon. and when i sent the phone back someone lost it somewhere in the wharehouse and that took a month for em to find it. compare the spectrum coverage map to the verizon coverage verizon has more coverage as there's no off network roaming. i say that because i don't know how much you travel...

Thanks for the information. I do travel occasonly to rural areas of Ohio to visit family but those areas have native Verizon and AT&T towers. The slower data speeds do not surprise me since Verizon has to have incentives to keep their exisitng postpaid customers.

Community Manager

@toolman1990 , 

For billing, Spectrum mobile requires autopay with a credit card. No other options are available currently.  For other questions, you can reach Spectrum mobile at 1-833-224-6603