Highlighted
Observer

Early Device Upgrade Limited to in Store Stock?

I reached the half-way point on the payments for my device and my account says I can do an early upgrade,  but no one can figure out how to help me upgrade to a device that is not carried in the store unless I pay off my current phone in full.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Early Device Upgrade Limited to in Store Stock?

For specific assistance with Spectrum Mobile, please contact mobile support directly at 1-833-224-6603​​​​​. Your Forums peers would not be able to assist with this issue.

Highlighted
Observer

Re: Early Device Upgrade Limited to in Store Stock?

I was trying to find out what other people have experienced when trying to do an early upgrade.  I have done the following:  Went to spectrum store (twice), called sales (once), billing(twice), mobile(twice) and I'm just going in circles with it.  Everyone has been nice but no one knows how I can do an early upgrade to a phone not in stock at the store unless I pay off my current device (which defeats the purpose and the terms of the early upgrade).  Here are the responses from Spectrum employees: Its a software issue with the retail ordering system (store employee), the local store needs to call other stores to get the device you want (mobile CS call), the local store needs to order the device for you (mobile support), store said to call mobile support, mobile support says go to store.  I'm about ready to switch to a provider that can actually handle device upgrades (I've done this process dozens of times with all the big providers and its seemless).