JT
Rookie

Do i have to buy a new phone?

Do i have to buy a new phone or can i bring my own phone to use with Spectrum Mobile? 

9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Do i have to buy a new phone?

@JT,

Bring your own phone is not currently available.   Here is a link to information about the service: 

Introducing Spectrum Mobile

PBB
Newcomer

Do you anticpate allowing BYOP?  At least for people that are already on Verizon?

Community Manager

@PBB

BYOP will be added in the future, however there is not a time frame currently available.  The link provided above will have the most current information when BYOP becomes available as well as available devices.  

Thanks!  

Rookie

Any update on bring your own phone (BYOP) availability?  I'm ready to switch as soon as this capability is available!

Would love to go from Verizon to Spectrum, but having four phones in the family, no BYOD is a no go. 

Observer

Same.  Just waiting on byop support and I'll ditch verizon.  don't want to rebuy phones again after just getting new ones this year.

twh
Newcomer

Ditto.  4 users.  Buying 4 new phones makes no sense.  I hope this restriction is temporary while they work out the bugs. Otherwise, I can't see how the service grows at a profitable rate. 

Rookie

I’m waiting for BYOD to switch.
Newcomer

I have an Unlocked by Samsung® Note 9 and an unlocked SIM-free iPhone 7 Plus. I would like to bring them to Spectrum Mobile.