Highlighted

Data activity is inaccurate

Hello, I just signed up for spectrum mobile with my iPhone 8 Plus last night. Since last night, I reset my cellular statistics on my iPhones settings app and measured a total of about 204 MB of data usage on cellular. However, the spectrum mobile app is giving me an activity level of 0.5 GB and 0.1 GB for my fiancee's phone. All day I have been on WiFi at work and barely using cellular. Now, I have an unlimited plan for me and my fiancee so I'm not too concerned. However, I'm worried that when I do use my phone for trips away from WiFi that the measurement of my activity will be inflated by double again and I will hit my 20GB cap on my unlimited plan resulting in slowed down speeds. Can anyone tell me if it's possible for the data activity monitor for spectrum to be faulty? I switched from Verizon wireless after several years with them and never used more than 4 GB in a month. If I continue to use data at the rate this is calculating, I will be at 15 GB after 30 days, which is absurd and not realistic for my actual usage.

Please help fix the spectrum data activity monitor. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant

Re: Data activity is inaccurate

@Rudyrudyrudy wrote:
Hello, I just signed up for spectrum mobile with my iPhone 8 Plus last night. Since last night, I reset my cellular statistics on my iPhones settings app and measured a total of about 204 MB of data usage on cellular. However, the spectrum mobile app is giving me an activity level of 0.5 GB and 0.1 GB for my fiancee's phone. All day I have been on WiFi at work and barely using cellular. Now, I have an unlimited plan for me and my fiancee so I'm not too concerned. However, I'm worried that when I do use my phone for trips away from WiFi that the measurement of my activity will be inflated by double again and I will hit my 20GB cap on my unlimited plan resulting in slowed down speeds. Can anyone tell me if it's possible for the data activity monitor for spectrum to be faulty? I switched from Verizon wireless after several years with them and never used more than 4 GB in a month. If I continue to use data at the rate this is calculating, I will be at 15 GB after 30 days, which is absurd and not realistic for my actual usage.

Please help fix the spectrum data activity monitor. Thank you.

The data usage is off. I have a Spectrum Mobile branded Google Pixel 3a XL which shows that I used 1.68GB of data, their website and mobile app shows I used 1.71GB of data. It is showing 3MB of phantom data that was never used. I would recomend Spectrum looking into the issue since they do not want to be paying Verizon Wireless for data that was never used.

Highlighted
Valued Participant

Same issue, except mine is a larger problem. I kept recieivng text messages that my wife's line was going over data like crazy, she also has the Spectrum Mobile Google Pixel 3a XL. I first went and looked at total mobile data used 1.7gb, then I went and looked at individual apps. 

Bottom line here is there is NO WAY she used over 6gb of LTE data this month, something is really wrong here. I work from home so I am on wifi 99.9% daily. She is a student, and connects to her school wifi when not at home.

Google Pixel 3a XLGoogle Pixel 3a XL

Reported Data UsageReported Data Usage

Highlighted
Participant

@TheTekHeads wrote:

Same issue, except mine is a larger problem. I kept recieivng text messages that my wife's line was going over data like crazy, she also has the Spectrum Mobile Google Pixel 3a XL. I first went and looked at total mobile data used 1.7gb, then I went and looked at individual apps. 

Bottom line here is there is NO WAY she used over 6gb of LTE data this month, something is really wrong here. I work from home so I am on wifi 99.9% daily. She is a student, and connects to her school wifi when not at home.

Google Pixel 3a XLGoogle Pixel 3a XL

Reported Data UsageReported Data Usage

I would recomend contacting Spectrum Mobile phone support at 1-833-224-6603 to see if they can look into the issue, since inaccurate data usage seems to be a problem with Spectrum Mobile.