Spectator

BYOD Sprint SPHG975UBLK Unlocked

Just so I know for sure, I'd like to see if anyone on this forum has made a switch from Sprint to Spectrum Mobile with this device (Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128GB Black).

Some months ago I called Spectrum Mobile and gave my IMEI and was told it would be compatible if I purchased and got it unlocked. I went ahead and did this with Sprint in this past week, but then I revisit the BYOD again and see it is not. However it is confusing since it mentions both Sprint (not eligable) and Unlocked (okay).

I'm planning to call Spectrum Mobile to double check, but anyone know if it will work officially or unofficially. No one forced me to buy it, but I did so based on being told it would work, so I'm a little bummed. I would like to switch to Spectrum Mobile for the savings ($75 2GB plan with Sprint versus $28 for 2 phones 1GB each plan). 

I appreciate all the advice. All the best. 

4 REPLIES 4
Lead Moderator

Re: BYOD Sprint SPHG975UBLK Unlocked

Hello! 

You can check here to see if your device is eligible   

https://mobile.spectrum.com/byod-eligibility-check

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator

Spectator

No disrespect Julia but this is what I call a minimum effort response. The reason I'm here is because I already did that and it said it was not compatible, but I'm trying to dig deeper and see if that is actually the case. 

I was told months ago that it was compatible when I was on phone with one of your support/sales people, but it was just locked. This is why I went ahead and bought it and had it unlocked. Now it tells it is it not. What is the truth here? 

The fact is that we both know the phone is compatible with Verizon (which is what you use underneath) and you even sell Samsung Galaxy S10+ phones on your website. Is it really compatible or isn't it? If not, why is it suddently not compatible when it was previously!

I do feel misled here. I don't mean for this to come across as an angry rant, since I still have lots of options to go elsewhere and get even cheaper with something like Tello, but I'd prefer to go with you guys for the convenience.

Please take the real time to research this and give me a real complete answer. Thanks!

Helper

All she can do is give you the official company information. This is not at all unlike the official supported cable modem list. Any employee of Spectrum should follow that list if a customer wants to use their own modem but in reality there are devices not on the list that work just fine.

I suggest you contact the support team for Spectrum Mobile:  https://mobile.spectrum.com/support 

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

I apologize that you felt that i was trying to avoid your question.

The website I provided is what we have to determine eligibility. If you contact mobile

support directly they may be able to provide more in depth explanation why

the device has been deemed to not be eligible.

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator