Observer

syfy channel

i was watching shows on syfy and there  is alot of macro blocking pixelating. is anyone else having this issue

11 REPLIES
Helper

Re: syfy channel

I have no issues with syfy. It could very well be a signal issue caused by a loose connection or damaged coax somewhere.

Observer

it's more likely damaged coax somewhere i made sure all of the connections were tight. and they replaced the splitters and coax in the wall twice along with an amp.

Lead Moderator

@krel_2018  if you are having pixelaton that is normally caused by signal issues.

In my experience if there are problems with noise on the line (SNR) you will 

see this problem. Uncorrectables and even Correcteds will exacerbate the issue. 

I encourage you to contact support directly for further support and a tech visit 

if needed. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

well this nonsence should have been fixed 7 months ago!!! and i have had multable techs over and it only works right for 2-3 days and goes back to the way it was. and ofcourse they don't make notes as to what has been done to solve the issue so we can go on from there to look at other options to correct it!!!

Observer

a friend was watching chappie on fuse tonight and it was so bad that it looked like a pirated move that's how bad the PQ was on it. and that was filmed in 4K.

Highlighted
Helper

@krel_2018 wrote:

a friend was watching chappie on fuse tonight and it was so bad that it looked like a pirated move that's how bad the PQ was on it. and that was filmed in 4K.

Again...these problems are a direct result of damaged coax, loose connectors, failing power amps, water, etc.

Observer

well it was rendered last night that the main wire from the outside at the box that runs inside the house and feeds everything is shot. the tech did a signal reading from it and he told me they were way to high for the boxes. so now my t.v. is looking like a complete disaster again grrr. i hope it don't take another 9 months to get that cable replacedMan Surprised.

now who is gonna pay for this i pay rent it's sure in the heck not gonna be me forking out the money for a new cable run it's not my problem!!!

Helper

When you say the main wire is shot, what do you mean? Is it damaged? What did the tech say could be done about it? If the coax, connectors, etc. are damaged they should have replaced them for you as part of the service visit.

If the only issue is that the signal levels are way to hot, then you may be able to insert a splitter to tone down the signal levels a bit. Can you post your modem's signal levels page if you have Spectrum internet as well?

Observer

the tech told me last night the the cable that goes and feeds the inside of my apt is shot. they have replaced the splitters and cables that run off the main line to the t.v. and modem twice so he said that's not it and that it was the main line that's bad. and how do i access my modems signal level i have the technicolor E31U2V1.  i just got off the phone with a rep and she told me that i have an apt for the 20th for them to replace the cable from the pole to the box outside. so now i am lost on what's going on. though i will be calling the techs superviser to see what's going on...