I had 2 TVs, one DVR and one DTA, and didn't notice any problems. Then I added a third TV with DTA replacing the input 2-way splitter with a 3-way (Ideal 85-333). No problem with the DVR TV but I noticed that I had to set the DTA for the 2nd TV to automatic or 720p rather than 1080 or channel 6 would flash periodically. On the 3rd TV which has the longest run, I can't use any of the 4 channels that use freq 153.000. I get constant service outage messages. All other channels work perfectly. I looked at the DTA diagnostics when on channel 6 and saw the power level alternating between -1.70 and 49.30 and the signal to noise ratio between 37.1 and 4 million. I tried a BAMF splitter which I knew had a balanced output of 5.5db per port and then had pixelation on the other two TVs so I put the Ideal splitter back in. Why am I having a problem just this frequency?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I assume the modem is on a 2 way before the 3 way. Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages. Don't reset it, need to see real history
My SB6141 modem is on a 2-way after the 3-way. 3-way feeds two DTAs and a fairly short run to the 2-way that feeds the modem and a DVR. I believe the signal levels are good in the modem. Haven't had any problems with it so far. Only issue has been with freq 153.000 on the TVs especially the one I added recently which I believe has the longest cable run..
|Frequency||507000000 Hz||519000000 Hz||525000000 Hz||537000000 Hz||543000000 Hz||549000000 Hz||567000000 Hz||633000000 Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||38 dB||38 dB||38 dB||38 dB||38 dB||38 dB||38 dB||38 dB|
|Power Level |
|0 dBmV||0 dBmV||0 dBmV||0 dBmV||1 dBmV||1 dBmV||0 dBmV||1 dBmV|
|Frequency||37000000 Hz||24200000 Hz||30600000 Hz||19400000 Hz|
|Ranging Service ID||2773||2773||2773||2773|
|Symbol Rate||2.560 Msym/sec||5.120 Msym/sec||5.120 Msym/sec||2.560 Msym/sec|
|Power Level||47 dBmV||46 dBmV||46 dBmV||46 dBmV|
|Upstream Modulation|| QPSK|
|Total Unerrored Codewords||1910970482||1890224988||1890248959||1890273558||1860583693||1860577551||1860576991||1860621701|
|Total Correctable Codewords||5||28||24||51||43||77||55||58|
|Total Uncorrectable Codewords||602||1222||1300||1167||1943||1883||1940||1911|
Looks like ingress to me.
The modem shouldn't have that many skipped channels, from 507 -633 is a 126 mHz span and that exceeds the modems 96 mHz acceptance bandwidth.
There's probably ingress on a bunch of the skipped ones... Maybe 1/3 the freq's down in the 100-200 mHz range
Your setup needs twc out to clean it all up,
Hmm... This node isn't loaded with ingress, the upstream carriers seem ok. The channel plan may be correct, in spite of what MsRaye is hypothesizing...
There certainly seems to be an issue with the 153 MHz, however, which means it could be a cable plant issue (maintenance tech, or even hub tech). We'd need to isolate that specifc EIA channel/frequency on the plan an check into it, on-site. (can't do that part remotely over the phone)
@redsho1999 , you definitely should ask about scheduling a troublecall (field tech repair appointment workorder) for this ASAP! If there's an issue with the plant on a specific area we'd definitely want to know about it. Physical investigation on-site is required. Please kindly ask the CSR (customer service representative) to notate the workorder with something such as: "possible issue with 153 MHz, please check DQI & for ingress under the QAM carrier". Hopefully it's just a simple matter of a bad fitting or bad trap (if you have one) somewhere.
Please bear in mind that DQI issues with an isolated channel frequency when none of it's neighbors are affected is likely a fiber optic issue (hub tech) affecting many/all people in your neighborhood... so, if that's the case, it'll have to be escalated once or twice above the field tech. So please be patient, as might take a day or two (at most). Be sure to get backup contact information so if it's not resolved you'll have a means of getting in a special request order without having to go back through the call center CSRs.