Browser

Poor picture on just one channel

My CBS local channel in Norhtern Kentucky is WKRC channel 12.  The high definition channel is 912 on my Spectrum lineup.   For just this channel I keeping noticing pixelation and other picture quaility issues.   I seriously doubt it is related to a bad connection in my house or the line out to the pole.  My service is only about 3 monts old and the technicain double checked everything and said I had a higer than average signal.  Any ideas? Is anyone else in the greated Cincinnati market experiencing quality issues with channel 12 or if anyone anywhere has had a similar problem and has a fix please respond.

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: Poor picture on just one channel

@dgrinnan wrote:

My CBS local channel in Norhtern Kentucky is WKRC channel 12.  The high definition channel is 912 on my Spectrum lineup.   For just this channel I keeping noticing pixelation and other picture quaility issues.   I seriously doubt it is related to a bad connection in my house or the line out to the pole.  My service is only about 3 monts old and the technicain double checked everything and said I had a higer than average signal.  Any ideas? Is anyone else in the greated Cincinnati market experiencing quality issues with channel 12 or if anyone anywhere has had a similar problem and has a fix please respond.

Hello,

If the problem continues, I would set up a signal and drop line test, and avoid rebooting any equipment for six hours prior to your service call.  This would be anything from boxes, routers, to modems.  This resets the error codes to zero, and the tech needs to see them.

When the tech comes, tune to your local channel 12, so that he can get a reading off of that channel exclusively.  If that channel is bad, it could be something in your node.  The signal and line test, and tuning to channel 12 when the tech is there should determine this issue.  It's not your box.  Make sure that you are not using any splitters, as they can diminish signal quality.

Satch