Poor connection?

I love Spectrum Choice, usually, but in the last couple of weeks my picture quality has been terrible! It keeps reloading the channels, or worse, it doesn’t, and the picture quality is so bad it can’t be watched. What do I need to do? I have an LG TV and am using a Roku stick.
1 REPLY 1
Helper

Re: Poor connection?

@JenniferD28584 wrote:
I love Spectrum Choice, usually, but in the last couple of weeks my picture quality has been terrible! It keeps reloading the channels, or worse, it doesn’t, and the picture quality is so bad it can’t be watched. What do I need to do? I have an LG TV and am using a Roku stick.

First thing to do is make sure your modem is receiving a proper signal. If you have access to the modem at 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 post the modem's signal levels page. 

Next, I assume the Roku is connected via wifi since it's a stick. How far from the router is the stick? What model router? Do you have multiple devices connected and running at the same time? Do you have icloud backup uploads or large software updates downloading at the same time?