Highlighted
Newcomer

Picture pixelates and backs up 3 seconds then repeats what was just on

When we watch a show the tv pixelates and rewinds a frame or two. Really annoying. Its like watching a stuttering tv.

3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: Picture pixelates and backs up 3 seconds then repeats what was just on

Hello,

The good news is, it's not your box.  You have a bad signal or drop line problem and need a service call to request a signal and drop line test troubleshooting call.  To prepare for this service call, you will need to avoid resetting or rebooting any boxes, modems, or routers, for a period of six hours.  A reset of equipment will set the error codes that the tech needs to read, back to zero, and you don't want that.

When the tech comes, you want to tune to any channel that pixilates the most.  Your drop line, aging wiring, animal chews, bad weather, can all cause pixilation problems.  They can even travel as far back as the junction box on your street, or really anywhere in your node.

Keep in mind that a new box, or any equipment swap will not solve bad signal problems.  They might clear up for a day or two, maybe even as long as a week.  But without a line or wiring replacement, it is assured that the problem will come back.  This also can not be resolved through a call to Spectrum Customer Care or through Spectrum Social Media Outlets.  You need a service call.  Also, any splitters on your connection can also cause problems like this, and should be removed.

Satch

Lead Moderator

Are you seeing this through Spectrum TV while streaming or through a cable box?

That would change the answer to what may be happening. 

Julia 

Trusted Helper

@Julia_R wrote:

Are you seeing this through Spectrum TV while streaming or through a cable box?

That would change the answer to what may be happening. 

Julia 

Julia,

Because OP mentioned, when watching TV, that the picture pixilates, that I took that to mean watching TV through a conventional cable box.  Please let us know if this is something different.  If watching TV through a cable box, I would recommend my above steps.

Satch