Rookie

NHL Center Ice Skipping

A few channels on Center Ice lag and skip repeatedly! So much so that I am unable to watch my favorite team. 140$ Come on. Is anyone else having this issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Seasoned Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice Skipping

What’s your city/zip code?

If you have more than one TV, is the issue happening on one or all of them? If you can, check around for any loose connections (both inside and outside the wall plates, as well as at the back of each cable box you’re using), damaged coax cables (e.g. connectors coming off the coax or any holes in the outer coating of the cable).

If all else fails, call a tech and schedule the appointment for when a hockey game is in progress, so you can show them your issue. Don’t reboot any boxes, modems, or routers for at least six hours prior to the tech’s arrival. There could be signal issues that the tech can only see by looking at error codes. Rebooting equipment resets those error codes to zero, and it will be harder for the tech to reproduce the issue or pinpoint what’s causing it. Let us know what happens.
Rookie

Concord / 28027,

I only have one TV setup.

The issue only occurs on a few Center Ice channels and no other stations. For Example 703 and 704 channels were having this issue last night. 700 - 702 experienced no issue.

Does this sound like a loose connection being that it doesn’t occur on all channels?

Does anyone else with Center Ice have the same issue?

Thank you.
Trusted Helper

@moreaudw wrote:
Concord / 28027,

I only have one TV setup.

The issue only occurs on a few Center Ice channels and no other stations. For Example 703 and 704 channels were having this issue last night. 700 - 702 experienced no issue.

Does this sound like a loose connection being that it doesn’t occur on all channels?

Does anyone else with Center Ice have the same issue?

Thank you.

Hello,

A signal and line test is needed.  I second Joey's advice.  Call Spectrum to arrange this.  Remember, no reboots of any equipment for six hours (boxes, modems, routers) prior to your tech's visit to avoid the signal error codes resetting to zero.

Tune to an NFL Center Ice Channel when the tech is there so that he can take a signal reading off of that channel.  If you have DVR service, you should also be able to record that channel when it pixilates to show the tech.  Unless the pixilation is so bad that the DVR will just "give up" recording that channel.

Satch

Rookie

I will do that. Thank you for the advice. I will update after the tech completes his checks.

Thanks

Derrick.
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

It's also unusual that only a few of the Center Ice 'channels' misbehave and the others remain stable.  That often suggests problems with the incoming CI stream feed before it gets to Spectrum for distribution.

Not applicable

Yes, watching Blackhawks vs Oilers and it’s blurry every time the camera moves.   Hard to even read the ads it is so bad...LOL.

Not applicable

Yes, this evening, Blackhawks vs the Oilers.