Sharer

Re: Letterboxing of some HD content and letterboxing and Pillers for all SD Channels for HD 210 Rece

May depend on the agreements with the content providers. Sorta like the regulations about local OTA rebroadcast. They are not required to provide the HD feed if there are multiple quality streams available--the SD stream fulfills the requirement, and they may not want to spend more to get the HD stream for some service levels.

I have actually seen some services offer SD DVR and/or On-Demand on base plans and only HD on premium tiers.
Rookie

Re: Letterboxing of some HD content and letterboxing and Pillers for all SD Channels for HD 210 Rece

Yes, thanks...thats what i keep reading too...hate to keep bringing up Dirctv since it has its own problems but it didnt have that issue...perhaps another reason why its priced higher. Someone like me would think that HD/SD feeds are the same from each cable/sat company and should render exavtly the same depending on what you prefer...but even on some my HD channels (HBO) some of those hd movies are letterboxed wheres as others are not...hadnt experienxed that with Dirctv....would have thought for sure that HD feeds are all equal nowadays for rendering too...but perhaps these feed limitations from the content provider are the culprit at Spectrum.