Newcomer

Fox News Channel

We've been getting interference on our Fox News Channel where the channel will freeze, skip and just not come in clear. This has been going on for several months and is the only channel it's happening on. Thought it may be a bandwidth issue but no problems streaming movies....really annoying. Good thing I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Any idea on the problem or how to test/fix?

Thanks!
Everyone's Tags (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Spectrum Employee

Re: Fox News Channel

That sounds like a downstream / forward / receive signal issue with a specific frequency (a specific channel) or set of channels.  It's a more rare issue, but I've seen it myself many times (usually results in a truck roll)

I looked on the whiteboard before I left work today, and there's not head-end issue with Fox News reported in any market, which means it's either:

• Node specific, a "pocket outage" in a neighborhood area, likely needing an outage to be declared which will automatically assign maintenance.  TWC is trying to get to resolving all outages in mere hours (less than 24 hours max is the goal), as you've probably seen on TV ad's recently.
  • Account specific, a signal level issue affecting only your address, likely needing a TC (trouble call, aka. truck roll for a tech visit on-site)

It's almost never solvable with a box swap, for this specific scenerio.

If it were account service codes (software stuff) you wouldn't be authorized for entire groups of channels.  You're saying it's just the one right?

Short answer though is you need to call this in and report it, please: 1 (800) 892-4357

Also, keep in mind if you're in a DCI market (an area that is undergoing converstion to 100% digital), then analog will be going away (assuming you were watching analog).  This is not a subtle change, they'd be announcing it and sending out fliers in the main to let you know of the upcoming changes if you're in a DCI area.
Here's the channel line-up tool. 

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Newcomer

Yes, just one channel and its digital. Thank you for the info, I'll call in tomorrow.
Spectrum Employee

@TV247 wrote:
Yes, just one channel and its digital. Thank you for the info, I'll call in tomorrow.

Certainly, hope my info helps a little.  Smiley Happy

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Rookie

The same thing has been going on with the TBS channel for 5 days now

Everyone's Tags (3)
Spectrum Employee

@tburge wrote:

The same thing has been going on with the TBS channel for 5 days now

1. You may not even be in the same node as the poster, mostly likely not. Heck you might not even be in the same state!

2.  If it only happens are specific day-light times of day, that's probably solar interference issues.  It's that time of year (once in march, once in october), and that's brief, not a sustained issue.  It's night time across most of the US right now, so probably not related at all.

3.  TBS isn't Fox News.  I'd recommend a new topic (not hijacking this one, that's rude to @TV247)  And I'd recommend the same kind of steps.  Node or account, if not an outage.  Have us check it out for your account. Troubleshooting is needed.

Remember, just because an issue seems similar, doesn't mean it's the same.

Established Sharer

@TV247 wrote:
We've been getting interference on our Fox News Channel where the channel will freeze, skip and just not come in clear. This has been going on for several months and is the only channel it's happening on. Thought it may be a bandwidth issue but no problems streaming movies....really annoying. Good thing I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Any idea on the problem or how to test/fix?

Thanks!

-------------

Heck, I've lost The Weather Channel on channel 46 TOTALLY (for more than a month now), and the response from support was "it's also on channel 211, use that one".  Yeah, GREAT.  Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Expert

you may have filters and single channel traps on the line that need to be removed. TWC has no record of them, they need to send a tech out and see what's there if this install is more than 2 years old.