Not applicable

Black picture on all channels

All channels are black without any audio. However, I can see the info and guide. The Xbox is working fine, as well as the Samsung box we have for shows and movies. It's a Time Warner issue, not a TV or HDMI cord issue. It was working fine Friday, April 8th. Went out of town and it wasn't working on Sunday, April 10th when we returned. Still isn't working today, April 11th.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Black picture on all channels

Do you have a cable box and if so what make/model?

Have you tried rebooting it?

Trusted Helper

Not applicable

Yes, I have a cable box. Haven't tried rebooting it yet. I am going to try that soon.
Expert

If a reboot doesn't fix it, You may have an hdmi issue. unplug hdmi with tv off, turn it on then turn it off. Then plug the HDMI into a different port, turn it on, see if the pic  and sound comes up.

Try a different HDMI cable

Browser

Reboot the box.  Worked for me.............

Not applicable

I rebooted and it worked fine. Now today it's doing the same thing again. The cable box is fairly new (less than 6 months old). We use the same HDMI cord for our Samsung box and Xbox and haven't ever had any issues, so I don't see why it would be an issue with the cable.
Trusted Helper

@ajohnson24 wrote:
I rebooted and it worked fine. Now today it's doing the same thing again. The cable box is fairly new (less than 6 months old). We use the same HDMI cord for our Samsung box and Xbox and haven't ever had any issues, so I don't see why it would be an issue with the cable.

Greetings,

Outside weather, bad storms, rain, animal chews can affect the cable, a lot.  You need to call TWC for a signal and drop line check. It's not the box or the cable inside.  Something in your outside lines or signals is causing this problem.  Mention that you are losing your picture about once a week (or whatever applies to you) In this case, rebooting will only be a temporary fix.  You have to get a field tech out to check your signals and lines.

Satch