Participant

Settop box status unknown?

Why does My Account say my Samsung set top box status is "Unknown"?  If I click to refresh it then it still says "unknown status".

 

The box is working fine (and thank goodness it is as I never want one of those horrible ones being given out now..no clock?! You have to be kidding)!

 

 

6 REPLIES 6
Helper

Re: Settop box status unknown?

My modem used to read as unknown as well but there were no issues. I currently have a tuner adapter that reads as a cablecard but it works as it should. If you aren't having any problems then you have nothing to worry about.

Trusted Helper

Re: Settop box status unknown?


@Desiree wrote:

Why does My Account say my Samsung set top box status is "Unknown"?  If I click to refresh it then it still says "unknown status".

 

The box is working fine (and thank goodness it is as I never want one of those horrible ones being given out now..no clock?! You have to be kidding)!

 

 


As is said,

 

Don't rock the boat if the sea is calm.  If the box is working fine, don't worry about the online connectivity status.  The World Boxes (no clocks) don't have remote DVR Programing out yet in legacy TWC areas yet.  Spectrum is working on getting the bugs out of the New Spectrum Guide first,

 

Actually many vendor provider boxes no longer have clocks,  Direct TV has never had boxes on their receivers, and many boxes rented out by Cox and Comcast running their X1 Xfinity Guide don't have clocks either.  The technology is such today that people are getting the time from their computers, tablets, smart phones, or asking Alexia, "What time is it?"  By no longer putting clocks in the boxes themselves, they can focus more on the specific hardware/guide relationships to the new cloud-based technology.  Just press the Guide on your remote control to open the Time Grid to get the current time.

 

Satch

Participant

Re: Settop box status unknown?

Ok, I won't worry about it.


The reason for needing the clock is so I know exactly when to turn on the TV to see the show I am planning to watch. I don't have spyware like Alexa and all my clocks have different times on them. Even my computers do not have the same time as the box does. I turn on the TV one minute before the show I wish to watch will be on.

Without a clock on the box you might as well not have a box...that's its main function! All the many years I had Oceanic TWC, I never needed a box and most people here agree...it is good only for the clock that is always accurate now that broadcast TV has learned how to have all shows start exactly on the hour. Since there are never any ads before a show starts, it is essential now to have a box with a clock or you will probably miss the first part of the show (I am speaking of Prime Time broadcast channels which are the only ones I watch and only during the fall, winter spring seasons...the TV will be off all summer). Even the Spectrum employees here hate the crappy, non clock boxes and they warn all customers to take really good care of the better boxes that Oceanic used to give out.

 

What time grid?  I've never seen that but we don't have the current ODN version...we have 8.0 which is new to Hawaii but not current.  Plus, that would not help as I don't want to turn the TV on until one minute before the program I wish to watch begins.  Even with immediately muting the audio, it drives me nuts to turn it on and see that stupid picture in the upper right corner, etc.  

Trusted Helper

Re: Settop box status unknown?


@Desiree wrote:

Ok, I won't worry about it.


The reason for needing the clock is so I know exactly when to turn on the TV to see the show I am planning to watch. I don't have spyware like Alexa and all my clocks have different times on them. Even my computers do not have the same time as the box does. I turn on the TV one minute before the show I wish to watch will be on.

Without a clock on the box you might as well not have a box...that's its main function! All the many years I had Oceanic TWC, I never needed a box and most people here agree...it is good only for the clock that is always accurate now that broadcast TV has learned how to have all shows start exactly on the hour. Since there are never any ads before a show starts, it is essential now to have a box with a clock or you will probably miss the first part of the show (I am speaking of Prime Time broadcast channels which are the only ones I watch and only during the fall, winter spring seasons...the TV will be off all summer). Even the Spectrum employees here hate the crappy, non clock boxes and they warn all customers to take really good care of the better boxes that Oceanic used to give out.

 

What time grid?  I've never seen that but we don't have the current ODN version...we have 8.0 which is new to Hawaii but not current.  Plus, that would not help as I don't want to turn the TV on until one minute before the program I wish to watch begins.  Even with immediately muting the audio, it drives me nuts to turn it on and see that stupid picture in the upper right corner, etc.  


The Time Grid is just a name for what you see when you press GUIDE on the remote and go through the channels and programs in the grid.

 

The reason for the video in the upper-right hand corner when the guide is selected and being browsed is so that customers don't miss any video of the shows they are tuned to when navigating the guide.

 

I share your view about the issues with the new boxes that don't have the clock on them.  The problem is the bugginess of the New Spectrum Guide, not the box itself.  If you get a World Box that runs Navigator ODN 8,0 or the new ODN 9.0, it is FAST, really fast. (And reliable.)  It's the new Spectrum Guide on the World Boxes, that actually HAS gotten better, but still has some issues.  They released the latest update to it last month.

 

Most markets that have the boxes with the clocks now only have two-tuner DVRS.  I lucked out with my Cisco box that runs Navigator 9.0.  The Cisco 9865.  It has a clock and six tuners!  The new World Boxes only have four tuners, same amount of storage space 1TB, but no clock.

 

It is most unfortunate that Spectrum choose not to wide supply the clock DVR's with six tuners.  The Arris 3600-M and the Cisco 9865.  In most markets, if you get a clock DVR, you are back down to two tuners, but at least you will have the more reliable ODN/Navigator guide over the less reliable Spectrum Guide.

 

What I heard was that Spectrum stopped giving out six-tuner DVR's because they were costing too much to rent.  What's your box make and model with Oceanic?  (Spectrum-Hawaii?)

 

Satch

Participant

Re: Settop box status unknown?

It's not a DVR box just an HD one.  Samsung SMT H3362.  I got it new from Oceanic about 2.5 years ago.  It was the first time I needed a cable box as I am in a condo building with a bulk contract.  I went to the local office to get it (I had been using clear qam to watch local broadcast channels in HD and that was being stopped hence I needed the box).  I don't care about recording shows (been there/done that with VCR in the 90's with Oceanic).   

Browser

Re: Settop box status unknown?


@Satch wrote:

@Desiree wrote:

Ok, I won't worry about it.


The reason for needing the clock is so I know exactly when to turn on the TV to see the show I am planning to watch. I don't have spyware like Alexa and all my clocks have different times on them. Even my computers do not have the same time as the box does. I turn on the TV one minute before the show I wish to watch will be on.

Without a clock on the box you might as well not have a box...that's its main function! All the many years I had Oceanic TWC, I never needed a box and most people here agree...it is good only for the clock that is always accurate now that broadcast TV has learned how to have all shows start exactly on the hour. Since there are never any ads before a show starts, it is essential now to have a box with a clock or you will probably miss the first part of the show (I am speaking of Prime Time broadcast channels which are the only ones I watch and only during the fall, winter spring seasons...the TV will be off all summer). Even the Spectrum employees here hate the crappy, non clock boxes and they warn all customers to take really good care of the better boxes that Oceanic used to give out.

 

What time grid?  I've never seen that but we don't have the current ODN version...we have 8.0 which is new to Hawaii but not current.  Plus, that would not help as I don't want to turn the TV on until one minute before the program I wish to watch begins.  Even with immediately muting the audio, it drives me nuts to turn it on and see that stupid picture in the upper right corner, etc.  


The Time Grid is just a name for what you see when you press GUIDE on the remote and go through the channels and programs in the grid.

 

The reason for the video in the upper-right hand corner when the guide is selected and being browsed is so that customers don't miss any video of the shows they are tuned to when navigating the guide.

 

I share your view about the issues with the new boxes that don't have the clock on them.  The problem is the bugginess of the New Spectrum Guide, not the box itself.  If you get a World Box that runs Navigator ODN 8,0 or the new ODN 9.0, it is FAST, really fast. (And reliable.)  It's the new Spectrum Guide on the World Boxes, that actually HAS gotten better, but still has some issues.  They released the latest update to it last month.

 

Most markets that have the boxes with the clocks now only have two-tuner DVRS.  I lucked out with my Cisco box that runs Navigator 9.0.  The Cisco 9865.  It has a clock and six tuners!  The new World Boxes only have four tuners, same amount of storage space 1TB, but no clock.

 

It is most unfortunate that Spectrum choose not to wide supply the clock DVR's with six tuners.  The Arris 3600-M and the Cisco 9865.  In most markets, if you get a clock DVR, you are back down to two tuners, but at least you will have the more reliable ODN/Navigator guide over the less reliable Spectrum Guide.

 

What I heard was that Spectrum stopped giving out six-tuner DVR's because they were costing too much to rent.  What's your box make and model with Oceanic?  (Spectrum-Hawaii?)

 

Satch


Satch you can still obtain the six tuner DVR from a Spectrum retail store I had no issues at all obtaining one when returning the World Boxes running Spectrum Guide. It is annoying that techs and retail outlets are handing out world boxes that have went from alpha quality set top box software to beta quality software within this year. Even though it has gotten better it is still wildly unstable and have had it not record multiple series recordings and or unable to cancel them.  Spectrum never should have released Spectrum Guide software since it was not ready to be released on a massive scale. If you opt for a professional install, have your equipment mailed, or pick it up in the store they are going to give you a Spectrum Guide World Box that is still unstable enough that it should not be handed out to their customers.