Participant

Cannot view billing statements without first knowing account security code

Regardless of whether I login to view my bill via the app or the web, I have to enter my account security code or the mac address. If I don't have a bill in front of me then I'm essentially unable to view account specific information. If I'm logged in, then I've already authenticated; let me view my bill.
4 REPLIES 4
Lead Moderator

Re: Cannot view billing statements without first knowing account security code

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

This is not something your Peers here in the forums are able to assist you with.

We encourage you to contact support directly

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator

Participant

I've already discussed the issue with @Ask_Spectrum but they aren't understanding what the problem is. Surely there's a way for this to be  reported so that things can be changed to allow the statements to be viewed without having to memorize a security code on the account. 

Trusted Helper

@cb_2367 wrote:
Regardless of whether I login to view my bill via the app or the web, I have to enter my account security code or the mac address. If I don't have a bill in front of me then I'm essentially unable to view account specific information. If I'm logged in, then I've already authenticated; let me view my bill.

Hello CB,

Are you saying that:

1.) You don't know your customer security code? (Which, everyone please note, is on your paper and electric billing statement) OR

2.) You know your security code, but find it an inconvenience to have to enter the security code, just to view your bill ?

If the answer is #1:

I would call Spectrum and verify your account with the information that the agent requests.  Say you don't know your Customer Security Code and need it for online access to your account.  The agent will have you verify your account through another means, for example providing your address or phone number on the account.  When she/he gives you the code, write down the number, or store it on your computer in a safe place.

If the answer is #2:

You may need to enter your security code each time.  This is a practice that more and more online transaction providers are doing.  They may have you entering your pin number or other things like an ID number. (ALWAYS look at the URL address bar before entering any personal account or identifying information and make sure you recognize the website AND that the secure encryption lock is in place.)   If either does not look familiar, don't enter any personal information!

Satch

Lead Moderator

If you would like us to look into this from here you can message us 

at Forums_Help

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator