Not applicable

Unable to sign in to Roku apps from Discovery Networks (Travel Channel, Food Network, Animal Planet)

I'm not sure when it started, but the TV channel apps for Travel Channel, Food Network, and Animal Planet GO on my Roku are no longer allowing me to sign in with my Spectrum credentials in order to access content. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and restarted the Roku. When I select the Sign In option within an app and open the "activate" link on my computer, then enter the code, it asks for my cable provider. If I choose Spectrum, it says "Please wait while we send you to your provider to log in”, but it never lands on the Spectrum login page and instead moves to the "Success! You're ready to go!" page and the app shows me as signed in with the Spectrum logo displayed, despite never having entered my Spectrum credentials, and most content shows as locked within the app. I tried selecting a different cable provider (Dish Network) and the activation process brought me to the Dish Network login page as expected, so it seems to only be an issue with choosing Spectrum. Other TV channel apps such as HBOGO and Syfy are not having this issue, and correctly land on the page where I can enter my Spectrum credentials during activation. I don't know how I can get these apps to allow me to watch cable-required content if they never let me enter my Spectrum credentials. Does anyone know why these apps would be skipping that step or how I can get it to stop skipping it so I can sign in?

2 REPLIES 2
Helper

Re: Unable to sign in to Roku apps from Discovery Networks (Travel Channel, Food Network, Animal Pla

Have you also rebooted your modem and router?

Not applicable

Re: Unable to sign in to Roku apps from Discovery Networks (Travel Channel, Food Network, Animal Pla

Yeah, no luck. And just some additional info: when I go through the activation setup and it says it's redirecting me to my provider login, it briefly lingers at this address: https://tve.spectrum.net/openam/SSOPOST/metaAlias/charter/idp
before moving on to the "Successful activation" page here: https://watch.foodnetwork.com/activate?platform=roku&deviceActivation=1 
but it never actually opens the page to log in with my Spectrum credentials. It only seems to happen with the apps for the Discovery Networks family of channels, and it's been an issue since at least Feb 19th. I've tried the activation process on two different computers and an iPhone so it's not an issue with the browser cookies/cache, it's like the activation process specifically for Spectrum on these apps is just broken somehow.