Observer

NESN and ESPN

I use the spectrum app on a 2nd and 3rd tv with my Roku. I get NESN and ESPN fine on my cable box but they don’t show up in the Spectrum app. I pay for the channels, why can’t I use them in the app on my home network?
12 REPLIES
Helper

Re: NESN and ESPN

Do NESN and ESPN not work on the Roku all the time or just some of the time?

Do NESN and ESPN work on other devices when connected to the home network (computer, phone, tablet)?

Do NESN and ESPN show up in the channel listings and you get an error when trying to tune or they don't show up in the listings at all, no matter how it's filtered?

Observer

They don’t show up on the Spectrum guide at all. When I do a search it says I’m not subscribed to the channel, yet I am
Observer

From the Spectrum website:

With the Spectrum TV App, access your full TV
lineup in-home and up to 30,000 On Demand TV
shows and movies in your home on your mobile
and connected devices, including phone, tablet
and Roku, Xbox One and Samsung Smart TV

NESN and ESPN are part of my channel line up, yet they don't show up in the app.

Spectrum Employee

Sorry if this seems redundant: but are you subscribed to internet through Spectrum? By "home network" the fine print does require you be using Spectrum's internet.

Observer

I have Spectrum internet, 1 HD box and want to use the Spectrum app on my other TVs to get NESN. Just want to know why it isn’t in the guide. It does not show channel 34 which is NESN
Observer

Any help with this?
Proven Sharer

I think the first requirement is that your cable TV subscription must include to a tier that includes NESN.  You  indicated it is 34, so I presume that's where you 'tune' your HD set top box to watch NESN on your primary viewing display.  If yes, move forwrd to step 2.  If NO, you need to upgrade your programming package.

Observer

I am subscribed to Spectrum internet and have an HD cable box
Highlighted
Observer

I do have NESN in my package. I even upgraded my package temporarily to prove to Spectrum that it wasn’t a “package” issus