Newcomer

HBO GO not working

It tells me “Sorry, Spectrum doesn’t support HBO GO”
20 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: HBO GO not working

HBO Go is supported with your Spectrum credentials and an active subscription.  Usually deleting and reinstalling the app will resolve most issues.  

Rookie

HBO GO not working. Spectrum/ Time Warner is not showing as one of the providers. I’m a paying customer and also have a subscription for HBO. It worked fine 7ntil recently when spectrum - time warner stopped being on the list of providers. I tried reinstalling the App as suggested in a previous inquiry, but it didn’t work. Very frustrating to say the least.

Rookie

Deleting app and reinstalling does not work

Lead Moderator

What type of device are you using?

Online you want to choose Spectrum. On Android and Apple 

phones you would want to select Charter-Spectrum. 

I am not able to test a Fire Tablet, on a Roku you would be activating

it through a browser on a computer/laptop so it would also be Spectrum.

Let me know if you do not find the option. 

You can contact our Social Media Customer Care team for direct support: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I had the same problem trying to connect a Roku.

I was accessing the Activation Portal through my Android phone and Spectrum would not show up as one of the providers. However when I accessed the Activation Portal through my laptop everything worked just fine and Spectrum was listed and now my HBOGo works fine with my Roku.

Hope this helps.
Newcomer

I'm having the same problem. Spectrum is listed in the icons but nothing happens when I click on it on my laptop, and I get three "loading" type dots on Kindle Fire but then nothing, Spectrum is not a choice on my iphone so I chose Charter Spectrum (I used to be TWC or TWC/Spectrum) as it was the closest I could find - got the three dots again. I deleted the app from my phone, reinstalled, this time I chose "Allow" when it asked if I wanted to sign in with my TWC/Spectrum subscription but that didnt work either, brought me to the list that shows Charter Spectrum as the only "Spectrum" choice.  Any help will be appreciated!

Lead Moderator

Hi everyone!

Most of the partner apps need to be activated on a browser from a computer. 

This process is not possible (again for most apps) through a smart phone or a tablet.

In my experience Chrome is the browser that works the best.  If Chrome does not work for you IE works well. You may need to clear your cookies, cache and history for this process. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Newcomer

Hi. When you say
“Most of the partner apps need to be activated on a browser from a computer.

This process is not possible (again for most apps) through a smart phone or a tablet.”

What do you mean by needs to be ACTIVATED on a computer browser? Does this mean once I “activate” from a pc browser, I will then be able to access my paid-for spectrum hbo subscription through the HBOGO app on my Apple TV & iPhone again?

-Or are you trying to say something has changed or is different now and if I want to access my spectrums hbo through the hbogo app, I can only do it sitting in front of a computer? Please advise asap, as I pay for my spectrum cable package, half of which is specifically to be able to access hbo go from my Apple TV/Apple devices.

Thanks,
Sonny
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

HBO GO is available on the devices listed below.

For Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Playstation 3 & 4, Roku

Samsung Smart TV, TIVo, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Those need to be

activated from a browser on a computer not on a smart phone or tablet.

http://www.hbogo.com/activate/
Watch original series and hot movies with the HBO GO app -- HBO
HBO GO®

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Apple TV® | Kindle Fire | Chromecast | ROKU® | Samsung Smart TV | Xbox 360® | Xbox One™ | PlayStation 3 | Fire TV| Fire TV Stick | PlayStation 4

To use HBO GO on your Android or Apple Smart phone you do not need to activate that

on a browser, just download and use.  You will pick Spectrum as your provider.

Regards,
Julia R.