Not applicable

ESPN APP NOT WORKING ON SPECTRUM USING WIRELESS

CANNOT GET INTO ESPN APP. CALLED INTO SPECTRUM, THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO HELP

3 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: ESPN APP NOT WORKING ON SPECTRUM USING WIRELESS

The WiFi signal MUST be from the modem registered on your Spectrum TV + internet account.  No viewing ESPN over your employer's network, nor at a friend's house.

Helper

Are you trying to access the stand alone ESPN app or watch ESPN through the Spectrum TV app? 

If it's the Spectrum TV app, you must be on your home network, but if it's the ESPN app you should be good with your existing Spectrum user name and password. 

What error do you get? Can you get to the screen that asks for your Spectrum login credentials? We need some details.

Highlighted
Rookie

Spectrum app running on Samsung smart TV.  All channels work fine except espn.  In comes into view with a distrorted s-vido type picture and the sound is good.  Then it kicks into HD mode and the sound is good.  Then within 5 sec, it starts a delay and the sound is no longer audible.  i have not checked all of the channels but randomly selected about 20 and they all worked fine.  Then I went to the other espn alternative in the later numbers and same thing.

I have check my speed connection.  230.7 Mbps down 11.4 Mbps up.  The signal strength on TV is all 5 bars.  I have an AMPLIFI-HD with a mesh and all devices are at 100%.  One of the devices is plugged into the same room as the Samsung TV on the second floor. (Main box is on first floor.

I checked for a software upgrade to the Spectrum app.  Looks like the last download was in Dec.  I thin the 19th/2018.  No upgrade available.  The same goes with the Samsung app.

So I went to the third floor where my daughters TV is.  She is running ROKU.  Her Espn works fine and the signal strengh for the the AAFI-P is 96%.

So it appears the issue is related to the SAMSUNG SPECTRUM APP and how it is handling ESPN.  I have seen several forums related to ESPN not working on wireless devices so I believe it is a compatability issue with ESPN.  This is a new developement and I was out of town for most of December so I am suspecting something changes in the new DEC load that is causing these issues.

Please advise