Browser

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

A reboot isn't going to speed this along. Unfortunately you'll just need to wait for them to push this to your modem.

Observer

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

Yeah, mine was due for a reboot after looong uptime and more uncorrectables than I like Smiley Happy  Hopefully they'll push it soon.

Observer

@parry wrote:

Even after a reset/reboot mine is still at SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH - the people who got the latest firmware - were you using your own modem or was it a TWC lease?

I own mine that was updated.  Same goes for my parent's place.  I'm in "upstate" NY in case area matters.

Participant

I've just been informed that the window for pushing the new firmware for both the SB 6141 and SB 6183 is from NOW to the middle of October.  It's already been pushed in parts of Texas.  This will patch the security issues found in both modems and will re-establish IPv6 for the SB 6183. 

I don't have it yet in Hawaii but at least we finally have dates (albeit a bit vague but it is coming throughout TWC by mid-October at the latest).