Participant

When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

See subject. Just having a solution in hand, for more than a month, but not actually pushing it out to customers doesn't really seem like a solution to me. YMMV.

63 REPLIES 63
Observer

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

I'm also waiting for this
Expert

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

Problem isn't the modems, it's bad firmware that twc bought in 2015 for the CMTS and installed in Dec....

Browser

Thank you for starting this thread. The hostility in the other thread was uncalled for.
Participant

My bottom line: I bought a TWC "Approved" SB6183 early last fall. IPV6 worked on it just fine until sometime early this spring. Since then, IPV6 hasn't worked at all. If/when is that going to be fixed, by some update to something somewhere? I only want the IPV6 capability that TWC claims to offer/support, that I'm paying for, to work like it did when I first deployed the approved modem.

I'll just chime in and say that I'm also waiting on this update to fix IPv6 compatibility with the SB6183.

Seasoned Contributor

im waiting for a fix and the number to call to get credit

Rookie

@elliotroth wrote:
Thank you for starting this thread. The hostility in the other thread was uncalled for.

Agreed. The whole "This is my thread, you're dumb for wanting something different than me" was really annoying.

What everyone wants is a fix to this issue. ipv6 has never worked properly on the 6183, I've been told it's my fault, or I'm crazy, or all sorts of things. TWC/Spectrum needs to get much better at communication at the very least.

Expert

Why do you need IPv6? For up to 100/10,  Get a 6141, they should be pretty cheap.

as for the 6183, When it was working, was it slower than IPv4?

Participant

Not sure who that was addressed to.

My 6183 worked with IPV6 into sometime late winter or early spring. But we are always different/late here in Oceanic Cableville. When (if) they start rolling this out on the mainland, I'll expect it will be at least another month or two before it rolls out here.

I already have a spare 6141 but it doesn't support all the channels necessary for the bandwidth I'm paying for. That's why I bought the approved 6183 in the first place.

I don't have any data to compare the IPV4 performance back then to how IPV6 was working.