Participant

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

It was actually never removed from the "Recommended" list of modems (that's the term TWC's list uses, not "approved").   What most people mean when they say it was "removed" from the list is that TWC at some point this year  "updated" and changed their Recommended Modem list so that the SB6183 now carries a designation that it is "Not IPv6 Compatible."    I'm not sure exactly when the list was changed, but it certainly did not state that when I purchased  my SB6183 in early 2015, or when many others made their purchases. 

It's still on the "Recommended" list (even though it now is deemed "Not IPv6 Compatible") because it still supports speeds up to (and beyond) 300/20Mbps.  

See the current list:  https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/internet/topics/lease-or-buy-modem.html

Seasoned Contributor

Re: When will TWC/Charter/Spectrum release new firmware for the SB-6183 to enable IPV6?

@pixitha wrote:

When exactly was it moved from the approved modem list?

I believe the new page always had the footnote and I posted about it on 4-July.  So based on my  checks possibly in June but probably not before.

Expert

Turning off IPv6 in your router/computer does not fix the backdoor, it is on the wan side thru the CMTS .

It had to be shut off in the modem since TWC can't afford to change the CMTS.

If TWC leased 6183's then it might get fixed. A bunch is pushed off into Charter/Spectrums lap which was supposed to be Sept 16 and is now pushed back to Dec 16,2016...

return your old version 6183 for a new one and see if it works.

Arris was exchanging them for a while.

Browser

Firmware update finally came thru.    IPv6 is back.

Browser

I've just got off a call with TWC who confirmed that fixed firmware is rolling out this week. :-)

Participant

I tried to accept @elliotroth's post as "Solution" but I get an error mesage about authentication tickets or some such.

Observer

Whats your software version now?  It will be nice to know what to check for before I start tinkering with my router again.

I"m on D30CM-OSPREY-1.5.2.3-GA-01-NOSH which sounds like the latest one... I've noticed I can't reboot my modem form the GUI anymore.

Highlighted
Participant

@DriverChief wrote:

Whats your software version now?

D30CM-OSPREY-1.5.2.3-GA-01-NOSH

Seasoned Contributor

@DriverChief wrote:

I've noticed I can't reboot my modem form the GUI anymore.

My understanding is that the reboot/reset buttons are disabled when the modem is synchronized to the head-end.

Observer

Even after a reset/reboot mine is still at SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH - the people who got the latest firmware - were you using your own modem or was it a TWC lease?